Reef nutrition

Elegance Coral

So I ended up dipping mine, had no effect on the BJD, just made the oral discs super inflated day of, then BJD proceeded to get way worse. Within 2 days after dip, flesh was pulling away from skeleton, barely any colored flesh in the middle today, so I tossed it. So now my elegance and gold wall hammer that I bought on the same day are gone, FML!!!!! I'm done buying finicky expensive coral for a while

So I ended up dipping mine, had no effect on the BJD, just made the oral discs super inflated day of, then BJD proceeded to get way worse. Within 2 days after dip, flesh was pulling away from skeleton, barely any colored flesh in the middle today, so I tossed it. So now my elegance and gold wall hammer that I bought on the same day are gone, FML!!!!! I'm done buying finicky expensive coral for a while
What happened to the hammer

IME Elegance like really low light... REALLY low. I think a lot of the time people don't acclimate them enough and put them under too much light.

Yeah...mine is at the bottom (30" deep) and almost completely shaded....and seems to really like it there.

Has anyone experience when the elegance came off the skeleton and survive? A friend has one of my Tyree Elegance and it wasn't doing well in his tank. I put it in my tank and it came off of the skeleton but it is still alive and doing well. I wonder how long it will take for it to grow a new skeleton.

Back