Kessil

email netiquette

G

I'm sure many of you know this but it just happened to me today so I thought I'd share some proper email netiquette with those that don't know.

If you are sending a mass email NEVER NEVER NEVER list every single email in the To: section. Send the email To:yourself andBcc: everyone else. That way you are not sending every email address to everyone on the list.

This ought to humor you Gresham:
http://www.usnews.com/blogs/sam-dealey/2009/01/12/state-department-e-mail-server-crash-illustrates-bigger-picture-diplomatic-problems.html

Ugh.

Years back I was on a listserve that had one of the members use an autoreply since he was out of town. The first message to the listserve activated his autereply, which then activated the listserve which simply activated the autoreply again. It went on like that all weekend. By then end of the weekend he was the only one left on the listserve and it never returned!

Attachements i.e. PDF files.

Always double-check the pdf after you have attached the file to the email. I once had a corporate client send me copies of their parking tickets (ooops - not needed) along with an agreement (I needed) from them.

I agree Gresh except I have a bunch of emails so I never know which one they are sending to so I can ask them to stop!

Back