Neptune Aquatics

EnderTurtle's 40 gallon breeder LPS

Oh yeah i have an acrylic too. Absolutely sucks how easy they can scratch. The plastic blade for that works well on coraline too.

Last edited:
Yeah, today was a boring day so every couple hours I went to the tank and scraped until my hand got cramped up, then gave a break, and went down, etc... managed to get one panel almost completely cleaned (corners and bottom are a pain though)... but damn being able to see into the tank past the first micron is quite nice, wish I found those scraper tools earlier!

IMG_9888.jpg

Awww yeah you host that nemoney!

Good news. My jawbreaker has grown slightly and I'm seeing a tiny dot of GREEEEEN! Still don't see it? lol :p it's just south of the mouth.

I feed it mysis and brine.

jawebreaker.jpg

Also Kessil sent me firmware version 2.0 for my Kessil Controller which fixed my light range issue I was having with firmware version 4.0. Hooray Kessil!

Last edited:
Wow that jawbreaker tho! Looking good man, is that a baby I see popping out? Put me in line for when you frag that bad boy hehe!

It came with a baby from Diablo Corals.

Baby jaw breakers start off with white stripes and then become solid orange. But sometimes theyll start off with red and green.

I havent decided what i want to do with the baby. Either DBTC or putting into the Bonus Round for the regional frag swap.

Aaaand heres a sneak peak at my new frag tank! 18"x18"x8" (11 gallons) not very big. I plan on plumbing it to my sump.

You can call it the temporary unofficial BAR frag tank.

image.jpg

Made by Avanced Acrylics.

If anyone is interested in discounted frag tanks from Advanced Acrylics, PM me.

Last edited:
Wow thats a real nice looking frag tank. I know I just started my rimless cube but my bedroom is just begging for a nano...

Is it drilled or is it AIO with a fuge in the back?

Its an AIO but im going to do something weird with it.

Im gonna drill it and plumb it to my sump with unions and valves.

When we have a BAR event where were selling corals or displaying raffle prizes, i'm gonna drain the tank and bring it. Close the valves and use it as an All-in-One tank.

It will be a drilled tank connected to my main tank but keep the ability to run it as an All-in-One.

I do have a plexiglass frag tank from storage that @Coral reefer used at one of the frag swaps, right, Mike? I just measured and it is 2' by 3' and 10 inches tall. I'm not sure about lights though...

Last edited:
We have a frag tank. Geneva's dimensions sound about right. Not sure what kessils we have now. Used to have 150s, they may have given us updated ones? Can't remember

Nice write up. I picked up a tank the day after the shop tour. It is riddled with every algae under the sun, including hair algae, so I will need to follow your advice :). Can we see some recent tank photos, please?

Well its up to you what you want to do.

I wanted a fresh clean start for my tank so I soaked my liverock in an ice chest with bleach for 1 week to dissolve the organics on the rock. Then replenish and add bleach as needed until most organics were gone. Removed any left over vermatid snail shells and anything else still on the rocks.

Then I let my rocks cure some more in RO water and Prime for dechlorination with a heater and a power head until the rocks stopped leaching ammonia and phosphates. I did this for about two weeks.

Wah-lah clean cured rocks but its not LIVE yet. Then let it cure in saltwater with bottled bacteria. Youre accomplishing TWO things here, curing your rock of nutrients and building your bacteria. Your bacteria and detrivores will increase in diversity even more, when you buy frags and corals. No need to seed with other peoples liverock. Its just bacteria afterall.

If you dont inspect and dip corals when adding to your tank the above steps are pointless. I have absolutely no pest species in my tank at the moment. But it may happen soon. Keep my nutrient level within check and I treat every new piece of coral as if it had every pest species on it despite it looking clean. I inspect my corals visually at the store before taking home for a more thorough inspection. Just two weeks ago I knowingly bought a zoa frag with a big fat aiptasia on it. I knew I could easily get the zoa off the plug. Let the aiptasia and frag plug sit on my desk for a couple days and its ready for re-use.

When you start your tank journal ill post more detailed steps in it if you want more info on the rock curing.

Dont get too crazy about this. There are tons of people who stick liverock into their tanks from all over the place and they have beautiful reef tanks. Im a control freak when it comes to my tank which is part of the reason I sterilize my liverock.

Thats what matt at aqua exotic use to do with live rock. Bleach, dechlorinate, cure, sell.

Last edited:
Back