Brain coral
Acans
Feather duster

Pictures....

EUPHYLLIA'S FRAG CORNER

Polyps (brown) - 1 frags
Mushrooms - 2 frags
Brain coral - 1 frag
Combo (Mushrooms and Polyp on the same rock) - 1frag. Not sure if the mushroom is still there (didn't see it)
Brain coral - (1 by 2 inch) - 1
Some sort of brown plate coral (3 by 2 inch) - 1

I'm willing to trade any of these (or multiple since they are small) for other frags that will do well in my tank's lighting.
My tank has the regular lighting for the 14gal biocube. Will bring corals to meeting to swap.

Euphyllia,

Can you be more specific about your lights? Some may not know what the "normal" lights for the 14 gal. Biocube are. For example, my 12 gal Nanocube came with 70watt 10,000K Metal halides.

Ths being said, I can give you any or all of the following corals. No trade necessary. Just let me know which ones you want, and I'll bring them to the next meeting. (I think it is in December).

Flourescent green star polyps
Flourescent green polyp Sarcophyton (Toadstool coral)
Kenya tree coral
Anthelia polyps

All of these are easy corals and will do well under multiple conditions. Let me know ASAP because I am going to take the extras to my LFS soon if no one wants them. :)

Lyn, thanks for the offer! If you don't mind I'll take the florescent star polyps. I'll be bringing some of my frags to next meeting so if anyone wants some just let me know. Also lyn, could you post a pictures of the Anthelia polyps. i'm not sure what they look like and i may want some.

Thanks! :)

Euphyllia, I'd recommend that you only bring your frags that are requested. This way if you have unclaimed frags, they don't get needlessly over stressed out/

Ok, thanks for the advice! :)
Mushrooms NEVER die. Even if you try to kill them for some reason mine won't die (not that i want them to, but they are just so hardy)!
Any request of my frags? Even though they are small, they will grow. The polyps will also form new colonies.

IPSF Anthelia polyps from Hawaii. :D

IMGP3893-1.jpg

Let me know if you want these, and I'll save some Gr. star polyps for you.

WOW! those are very beautiful. If you wouldn't mind I'll take those too. If you want any of my frags, just say the word.
I'll have my screen name written on my name tag at the meeting.

Thanks! :)

How about a break down of your setup? There a a few people (myself included) that are willing to help with mods, and overall husbandry.

BTW, your tank looks good way to go!

1) replace the stock pump with a MJ900. (More flow and less heat)
2) replace the fixed outlet with a hydor rotating thing. (Less dead spots)
3) widen the opening from the first to the middle back chamber (helps with better flow and less noise)
4) get rid of the bioballs in Chambers (nitrate factory)
5) in chamber 1, you can easily put your heater and something media like carbon (same with in Chamber 3, although it gets less flow)
6) remove the sponge between 2-3 unless you like cleaning it weekly (nitrate factory)
7) remove the paint (razorblade) on chamber 2. Backlight with some simple PC setup. Fill chamber 2 with macro and set the light timer to night time while mainlight is off

There are some more elaborate mods, but the above are fairly inexpensive, easy and have a sizable impact. Search at nano-reef for a lot of examples.

Back