Neptune Aquatics

Euro-Fil sump question

Dan

anyone know what the official site is for the Euro-Fil berlin sumps?

Is there anyone in the Bay Area the makes/sells decently priced sumps?

thanks!

what sizze do you need and how many chambers........... i know you started a post somewhere else but i seen a few used ones floating around for sale lately descent price

The tank is 48x25x25 . Haven't got the stand yet but should have it later this week. So im not quite sure what the exact measurements under the stand will be. Ill be using biopellets so i decided to skip building a refugium

At the moment i have a 40 gal breeder sitting here. i don't want to use acrylic for baffles because it doesn't bond to glass that well and its only a matter of time before theres a leak.

By the time i have glass cut im most likely buy a sump all ready made.

heres some of the designs id prefer

This is what i would love to have

sumpreactor.jpg

Another prospect

berlinsump.jpg

only problem with the truvu sump is that there is a small place for a larger skimmer from what i can understand

truvuPlatinumSeriesSkimmerSump300.jpg

and the euro-fil

euro-fil_berlin.jpg

IMO i would stay awy from any sump that has a foam filter in it, you willl have to clean that filter all the time, mine get filthy quick, and that why i am going to a baffle only sump during the move

As long as its dual 7 inch socks i wont care to much. my last sump i designed it with a 4 inch sock and made it a pain in the butt to change all the time. the also help with bubbles

Dan said:

thanks!

Gen can build you a sump to whatever your likings. As far as price..... It's best if you get a quote. :D

http://www.krittertanks.com

If you're going for the aesthetic thing, by all means get a prefab or custom-built sump, but you'll save many bucks by installing your own acrylic baffles. It's not "just a matter of time" until they leak unless your sump design has unusually large water-level differences in the different compartments. Also, most sumps will operate normally even with small / pinhole leaks from inexpert silicone applications, making them a pretty good first-time DIY project.

sfboarders said:
Dan said:

thanks!

Gen can build you a sump to whatever your likings. As far as price..... It's best if you get a quote. :D

http://www.krittertanks.com

+1 Gen makes some very well thought out sumps.

sweet thanks for the info!

Should i go with a external pump? Dart reflow pump any good?

Whats the recommended gph i should be aiming for on a 120 gal tank? 48 1/2" x 24 1/2" x 25 1/2" Dual overflows

Recommendations, ideas, and suggestions are appreciated!

Back