got ethical husbandry?

Ever see something on Diver's Den....

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
... and pull the trigger without thought before someone else can nab it.

Ya think he'll do well in the Nem tank?

OxymonacanthusLongirostrisLizard.jpg

AC had those. Just don’t want it to eat all my acros

I've wanted one, but didn't want to risk getting one and not being able to convert it to prepared foods. This way I have some protection. Plus I can always find browned-out acros if necessary. That's what the club is for :) No acros in with the Nems anyway.

it eats coral? do all file fish?

A lot of fish are corallavores. Aptasia eating filefish will eat aptasia and a when they are done often enough soft corals. Orange spots graze on Acros though the word is they don't actually eat the coral itself but the mucus and occasional polyp.

I think they prefer coral skeleton for sleeping, when I had my pair they would always sleep in a big dead digitata skeleton I had in there for them. feeding shouldnt be a problem divers den trains all their orange spots

I thought those often died when they did not have enough Acropora to eat. Hard to get them to eat other food.
Does not seem like the best plan.
Pretty fish though.

I thought those often died when they did not have enough Acropora to eat. Hard to get them to eat other food.
Does not seem like the best plan.
Pretty fish though.
liveaquaria dd has them trained onto frozen feeding isnt an issue when purchased from there. other places yes they are hard to train

I think they prefer coral skeleton for sleeping, when I had my pair they would always sleep in a big dead digitata skeleton I had in there for them. feeding shouldnt be a problem divers den trains all their orange spots

That's the hope and the only reason I grabbed him.

Yes, but what about long term nutrition? I don’t think any prepares foods have ground up acros in them...
there is a lto of debate about if the filefish are eating acros, the mucus from acros, or crustaceans from the acros, but I know that there have been several long term sucess stories after these fish are weaned onto frozen

Awesome fish...I had one way back that ate frozen foods and lived for about 4 years, sadly lost in a tank crash. From DD I'm thinking it will be fine.

Back