Reef nutrition

Evolutions of a 3.5 gallons starfire

As stated, most of the LPS are in the sump, located in the center compartment, with an area that's 4.5x9". I tried placing them on the bottom, but debris tends to collect on the bottom so I wanted to lift them off the surface.

I ended up with a magnet rack, customized at 3.5x7.5".
Final-L-21Label-photoWORKS.jpg

I opted not to get the full size rack at 4x8" since I wanted a bit of space on the left to attach some magnetic disc. Currently these are sitting in the sump, back to front.

UA miami hurricane
Ultimate%20Miami%20Hurricane%20Chalice01.jpg

Aquascene golden eye
Golden%20Eye%20Chalice.jpg

UA pumpkin explosion
Pumpkin%20Explosion%20Chalice01.jpg

Ocean eye chalice
Ocean%20Eyes%20Chalice.jpg

Art's spice yuma

Freebie orange eye green chalice from Karson
Orange%20Eye%20Green%20Chalice.jpg

UA red chalice
Unknown%20Chalice.jpg

FR aussie rainbow micromussa
FR%20Rainbow%20Micro.jpg

Pink chalice from Lam
Pink-eye%20Chalice.jpg

Tyree big mouth war coral
LE%20Big%20Mouth%20War.jpg

red/green micromussa
Red%20Green%20Micro.jpg

Aussie red/blue micromussa
DM%20Aussie%20Micro.jpg

Fragglereef astreopora
astreopora02.jpg

On the bottom sits a blue w/green ring yuma and a small colony of blasto merletti. The merletti that the rock was on is too big to put anywhere else, so it sits down there. Yuma didn't like the lighting in the display tank so it's happily been chilling down in the sump. On the mag disc is the fire engine monti that Jeremy brought to the BBQ and the other is the pink eye Montastrea from Atlantis that Norm, Ian and I split.

Awesome as usually. :) I had thought about ordering from that same company, they have (..... I hesitate to say it ;) ) nice racks LOL I believe they are all acrylic too. Are you happy with the workmanship/quality? Their inside magnets look like they are nickel plated and set it resin/epoxy and the ouside look uncoated, is that a good description? The prices seem fair too.

if interested. http://www.mag-racks.com/sizesdimensions.htm

Likewise, if the 2part epoxy cures fast enough, you could have a rack making party. Order a couple of sheets of the black eggcrate, bulk rate on magnets, a couple liters of epoxy, some molds and jigs...party time :p

eric,

holy smokes! i'm impressed with your nano. i couldn't imagine putting that much coral into a small tank and still work. how much water volume when adding the sump?

Thanks, Sam. :)

Total volume on the system is around 8.5 gallons. I do 20% weekly water changes on the system and add 2mL of 2-part every day.

It's actually less work than my freshwater planted tank at the moment.

Now if only I can keep more delicate corals in my display...

Forgot to post the lone fish in the tank, a tank raised springer's dottyback.

springer's_dottyback.jpg

2" and always hiding. I feed him maybe once every 2 weeks. He seems to be able to thrive with whatever he's picking off.

Watch out with swapping out an old Pheonix bulb with that Iwasaki as the PAR difference will lead to a rather quick bleaching.

Gotcha Gresh. I knew that the PAR difference between the two was different so was gonna lower the lighting duration when I do.

Won't help IMO/IME as the spike will still be there. IMO/IME you'll need to shade the tank with shade cloth or raise the light to equalize the PAR.

So dropping lighting duration from 8 hours to 4 hours wouldn't help? Light can't be raised any higher so can't do that.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3158.msg35353#msg35353 date=1204095568]
I'd rather be shot with a pellet gun 8 times then a shotgun 4 times.
[/quote]

Hehe... what he said :D

that thing is so small I bet OSH would give you that amount of shade clothe :lol:

I think I have some laying around and if so it's yours!

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3158.msg35353#msg35353 date=1204095568]
I'd rather be shot with a pellet gun 8 times then a shotgun 4 times.
[/quote]

:D

Back