Kessil

Featured Club Member Photos...Calling all BAR Members!

Gorgeous pictures Art ad Jess :)

Ryan, Who said any thing about less, Just different ;) Growing corals is fun, but I just need to grow some different corals. I'm even debating an orange hammer :) As for that favia. Its the slowest growing coral I've ever seen.

I hear you Gresh, I see some people friend people like "Monte Pora" and I just don't understand it. I Like it when people figure out that I did not friend them and then they sent me note about it :D

Hey all...................GREAT WORK!
Ryan: 4 or 5 for starters. More if they are exceptional. :D
Jess and Rommel: Your photos have been published.

mpoletti said:
Ryan, Who said any thing about less, Just different ;) Growing corals is fun, but I just need to grow some different corals. I'm even debating an orange hammer :) As for that favia. Its the slowest growing coral I've ever seen.

Oh I just remember you mentioned in RC that you will not keep same amount of different corals, I thought that meant more focused selection, sorry if I had misunderstanding.

eldiablosrt8 said:
thanks john............. i just ordered a new nikon d7000 should have even better photos soon,LOL
Nice! One of the best thing about taking tons of pictures is that the few you save can tell a real tale.
Now that we are all really thinking about taking more and better pictures of our tanks and livestock, I would encourage all BAR members to take this enthusiasm right back to the DBTC program and help contribute to the science of this very cool hobby. For me it's not just the enjoyment of seeing cool colored coral in the tank, I like to understand what's going on in there and getting better at caring for my Little Universe.

It would be so cool if everyone started an image log from the day we receive a DBTC frag and put it into our tank, then...........we can include a side by side comparison picture to lets say the 6 month and the 12 month mark. It helps us understand our tank conditions and compare growth rates to other recipients of frags given out at that the same time. It would help to diagnose causes of decline and support a better understanding of just what conditions are required for a strain of coral to really thrive.

Take away message:
Start or keep taking lots of pictures and share them in your tank threads and DBTC updates. We are learning from each other. H)

ryanjiang said:
Oh I just remember you mentioned in RC that you will not keep same amount of different corals, I thought that meant more focused selection, sorry if I had misunderstanding.

Did I say that :D I guess I should update me thread then to continue my madness there.

I am scratching my hair, maybe these are from different Poletti?

01.png

02.png

ryanjiang said:
I am scratching my hair, maybe these are from different Poletti?

01.png

02.png

All I see are a couple banter filled posts about a few less corals, I already have most of them, and that the tank will grow back.

More importantly, thanks for reminding me about the Northern California chapter of Anfield. I need to do some work on that today at 10am. YNWA

Sorry that you took the time to research and post this about me and my tank's direction. Most likely it will change again next week :D

mpoletti said:
More importantly, thanks for reminding me about the Northern California chapter of Anfield. I need to do some work on that today at 10am. YNWA

Yes you do Mark
by the way I am going to go with a 2-1 final score.
YNWA

Maybe go through the tank thread forum and cycle of bunch of club members tank pics? Just a thought there are some nice pics there.

Apon said:
Maybe go through the tank thread forum and cycle of bunch of club members tank pics? Just a thought there are some nice pics there.
Great suggestion, Arnold. That's what I'm hoping members will do with their own collections of photos. If it's important for folks to see some of their own pictures in the Featured Photo section, I'm sure they'll take the time to pic a few of their prize shots just like the folks who have posted some to this thread. Unfortunately, I won't have the time or energy to do more than just publish the pics that are submitted at this point.
PS I've seen some great pics that you've taken. ;)

mpoletti said:
ryanjiang said:
All I see are a couple banter filled posts about a few less corals, I already have most of them, and that the tank will grow back.

Sorry that you took the time to research and post this about me and my tank's direction. Most likely it will change again next week :D

Mark, I have no doubt that your tank will grow back & look even better with your great reef-keeping knowledge & experience.
Your tank was among one of the best I have seen that is why I subscribed your thread to learn from the success & get inspirations.

It was just you keep asking who said about less corals, that made me to revisit the thread & refresh what I have read, cause I was suspecting I had memory loss issue. :)

I don't think anything is wrong with less corals and more open space, I thought it is good thing but just very tough to achieve for any coral lovers.

John I am so sorry about the off topic & sorry for anyone get bothered or annoyed by my non-sense.

screebo said:
Am I in the Featured Photos section? ;)

Nope, no such place.

Your in the Photography forum in a thread that is merely asking for photos and like many BAR threads, it went OT.

Back