Cali Kid Corals

Feeding frogspawn arctipods

Coral reefer

Past President
I know with other Lps it is better to feed just before or after lights go on or off while feeding tentacles are out. what do people think about timing of frogspawn feeding and would arctipods be a good food? If not what else?

I have actually never tried arctipods when feedings for my frogspawn. I just have a frag and when I do feed it I feed it with mysis shrimp. I do not see why arctipods would not work because they do work for my scolymia. About the feeding schedule I agree a night feeding would be good or you could see if it reacted to food being in the tank, like some other LPS corals such as bubble corals.

Them being open doesn't mean they have their feeder tentacles out ;)

What I would do is first dose some Oyster-Feast then in a few minutes follow up with a real dose of either Roti-Feast or Arcti-Pods.

Once or twice a month? Corals need to eat more often then that. Think metabolism here ;) The more often you feed, the higher both the corals and your tanks metabolism will be and less food will go to waste. A light feeding daily is better then one large feeding once a week or month.

I've been turning off pumps and target feeding twice a week. My acans and duncans and candy Cain all extend feeders even mid light cycle, but not frogspawn. I target them anyway and they catch some of the arctipods, but I don't see them really eat it.

By see them eat do you mean like see them move food to there mouth? Truthfully I have never seen it eat either I just give it food and it goes away.

Yeah, I've tried to feed my frogspawns before, but haven't had any real visual confirmation that it worked.

Gresh- is there literature on what size particles frogspawns eat?

Back