Cali Kid Corals

Finally received my long waitlist Wyoming White Oscellaris

Enjoy the photos and a short video

Sea & Reef Wyoming Whites
WW1L.jpg

WW2L.jpg

Click on below photo for WW video

You are getting better at taking picture or that is one great looking fish, probably both. Congrats.

I find the Wyoming are much better than Ora but their availablity has been limited until now.

anathema said:
That is one heck of a fungal infection!

Oops I mean nice clowns. :D
LoL, thanks!

euod said:
You are getting better at taking picture or that is one great looking fish, probably both. Congrats.

I find the Wyoming are much better than Ora but their availablity has been limited until now.
Thanks.
Availability of WW, yes and no. Time will tell. I noticed the price just dropped by half this week. Let's see what happens in next few months.

gimmito said:
Very nice Ed !
Thanks.

I'm sorry I just don't get these mutant clown variations. They remind me of when clowns were first being spawned and the colours were off/absent or they were severally mis-barred/lacking bars because fry nutritional needs weren't understood yet.

-Gregory

GDawson said:
I'm sorry I just don't get these mutant clown variations. They remind me of when clowns were first being spawned and the colours were off/absent or they were severally mis-barred/lacking bars because fry nutritional needs weren't understood yet.

-Gregory

Now they're called "designer clownfish" and you can charge an arm and a leg for them...who would of thought ? ;)

GDawson said:

-Gregory

Then don't buy them. I don't get football or strip clubs so I don't go to them. :D

My WW just wouldn't bond over the last 3 or 4 years. I recently took a nest from my picassos and put it in with the WW and they tended it through hatching, so my fingers are crossed. Hopefully you won't have that problem with yours, but if you do let me know and we can trade males!

kmaintl said:
Up until I received them, I knew that I wasn't partial to all white clowns, so thought I get on the waitlist just because they were rare. After receiving, them... wow, my mind changed pretty quickly. They absolutely pop! I had them in a holding tank right next to some Platinums and there was no comparison.

I had been wondering about that! I was not so impressed with the Platinums I've seen. While I have never seen a WW in person, the photos seem much more appealing than other white variants.

Glad it was worth the wait, and hope this lovely WW pair gives you lots of joy!

GDawson said:

-Gregory
Hey Gregory, up until about 5 months ago, I would have been with you. I didn't understand the twist where once the juveniles were cull, now they are breeding for that characteristic. Where once the perfectly barred clownfish was the only clown that was desirable, it's the opposite and called "designer" as Jimmie put it and because it is rare...
:-/

Thales said:
Then don't buy them. I don't get football or strip clubs so I don't go to them. :D

My WW just wouldn't bond over the last 3 or 4 years. I recently took a nest from my picassos and put it in with the WW and they tended it through hatching, so my fingers are crossed. Hopefully you won't have that problem with yours, but if you do let me know and we can trade males!
I don't have any plans to breed as I don't have the time, energy, or knowledge. Up until I received them, I knew that I wasn't partial to all white clowns, so thought I get on the waitlist just because they were rare. After receiving, them... wow, my mind changed pretty quickly. They absolutely pop! I had them in a holding tank right next to some Platinums and there was no comparison. I've never seen this fish before, always they were some sort of ghost fish that didn't exist or just vanished as no one was breeding them. Now, I know.

Planning to just keep them for personal pleasure unless they get too aggressive with my Picassos. Thanks for your comments.

lattehiatus said:
kmaintl said:
Up until I received them, I knew that I wasn't partial to all white clowns, so thought I get on the waitlist just because they were rare. After receiving, them... wow, my mind changed pretty quickly. They absolutely pop! I had them in a holding tank right next to some Platinums and there was no comparison.

I had been wondering about that! I was not so impressed with the Platinums I've seen. While I have never seen a WW in person, the photos seem much more appealing than other white variants.

Glad it was worth the wait, and hope this lovely WW pair gives you lots of joy!
Thanks David. I'm enjoying them already. If for any reason, they decide to lay eggs in the future, maybe you want to help me with them??? LoL

Thales said:
GDawson said:

-Gregory

Please post some photos and/or video of your pair when you get a chance. If I can get you a single WW, would you be interested?

Thales said:
My waitlist for the 2nd pair of WW is coming up in a few weeks. If you need a new juvi male, I'll give you first crack on a trade on the incoming pair. Post some photos or video of your pair.

That would rock depending on their size Ed. Thanks!

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/04/07/wyoming-white-clownfish-blue-carpet-anemone/

Thales said:
That would rock depending on their size Ed. Thanks!

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/04/07/wyoming-white-clownfish-blue-carpet-anemone/

that is one cool video, the clowns are very nice. the pair i have now came in really small juvis, barely making an inch... maybe more like 7/8". not sure what the new pair will be like until they come in.

Back