got ethical husbandry?

Finger infection

Update: Mario is at the hospital now (12:45), waiting for antibiotics to be given intraveneously. He says he will be all right.

Thales said:
Good!

Moral of the story - don't mess around with infections. If you think you have one, get treatment NOW.
Yup yup.. .after my first serious scare (due to my own stupidity) it taught me a lesson.. and the next time one of those damn snails punctured me I called the urgent care facility and told them the situation and was seen by a doctor within an hour.

Like other things in life it often takes having you screw up, rather than seeing others screw up, before you wise up.

iani said:
I wear triple thick latex gloves when I work in my tank. Sometimes I do forget or get lazy and I normally pay for it. I get an allergic reaction pretty much anything that can sting in the tank.

How do you keep water from getting in? They only cover your hand and water always manages to find a way into my gloves.

I thought the nasty bacteria would come through contact with water, not necessarily a sting from a coral...Unless you have arm length latex gloves?

iCon said:
iani said:
I wear triple thick latex gloves when I work in my tank. Sometimes I do forget or get lazy and I normally pay for it. I get an allergic reaction pretty much anything that can sting in the tank.

How do you keep water from getting in? They only cover your hand and water always manages to find a way into my gloves.

I thought the nasty bacteria would come through contact with water, not necessarily a sting from a coral...Unless you have arm length latex gloves?

You can put a rubberband around the wrist.

plastidip.jpg

Thales said:
iCon said:
iani said:

You can put a rubberband around the wrist.

Yup, I use rubberbands. Gloves also protect the hands for getting any cuts.

newhobby said:
Any news from Mario yet?
Hope you are better, bud...

Well, he's still at SFG...Waiting for an IV. Doing alright considering the circumstances but in a bit of pain. A little hard to believe but has been at ER since 10:30 and still waiting. I guess it's hard to fight the drug addicts and stabbing victims in line... All in all hanging in there. He thanks everyone for your concern and well wishes

Back