Cali Kid Corals

Fire Shrimp tending Lyre tail Anthias juviniles

I was surprised to see the fire shrimp with anthias waiting in line to get tended. It must feel REAL good because they keep coming back for more.
TendingtheAnthias.jpg

Great photo! The cleaner in my tank pressed the coral beauty against the rock immediately on dropping the fish in. I never saw the shrimp have at it again. Too good of a welcome I guess.

I see a problem in the near future.... I fear that chalice is going to eat your Dendro :(

Just how aggressive is that bad boy? Do you think it's sweepers will start to sting the dendros? I'm still arranging final placement of livestock to prevent just such an issue. Besides, the dendros I paid for and the Pink Panther chalice was a donation. Gotta set priorities. I've seen scrolling chalice extend long sweepers but I have as yet to see the PP extending sweepers. On occasion I do midnight flashlight exploration. Thanks for the heads up Gresham.

that's a cool shot! i had a fire shrimp before and it was very nocturnal, so being able to see yours while it is servicing your fish must be a treat.

Ultimate Aquarium in San Mateo, $18 ea with lots more in the store. They are eating like pigs. Expect them to double/tripple in size within a year or so.

screebo said:
Just how aggressive is that bad boy? Do you think it's sweepers will start to sting the dendros? I'm still arranging final placement of livestock to prevent just such an issue. Besides, the dendros I paid for and the Pink Panther chalice was a donation. Gotta set priorities. I've seen scrolling chalice extend long sweepers but I have as yet to see the PP extending sweepers. On occasion I do midnight flashlight exploration. Thanks for the heads up Gresham.

I've seen chalice extend well over 6" to take out other corals. Not saying that one will just that it can :)

I'll keep my eyes pealed for signs of damage to the dentros. I'm still doing a bit of rearranging and I'm not shy about mixing some epoxy putty.

IMO/IME it won't be damage but gone over night. Dendro's go quickly when attacked (from personal experience twice now :( )

Back