Reef nutrition

Fish ID needed

Who knows what is this?

9734c5605353758aea10fd4c72b5eb6b.jpg

0088a9346627dc626532f6169a80cf1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S$&t - my wife liked it and it got into my tank before I realized what is that. Now I’ll have to catch it - time for some fishing :)

Specifically it's a Neon Velvet Damsel and they are absolutely gorgeous. Keep an eye on him... some people do okay with a single damsel in their tank depending on their other fish. Don't forget Clowns are Damsels too. Perhaps the Neon Velvet's will be calmer than a few other types.

Also called a blue velvet damsel. Gets quite large and gets progressively more aggressive as it gets larger. If your wife is interested in something similar to those colors, take a look at the false springer damsels instead. They're usually mixed in with regular springers since they're collected together, but it's pretty easy to tell them apart. It's an undescribed species at the moment, but they're about as docile as I've ever seen any fish. I have a pair in the tank and they leave each other and every other fish alone.

Don't have a picture of mine currently, but this is what they typically look like, a mixture of blue and black.
Royal_20Blue_20Damsel_20_Chrysiptera_20springeri_1024x1024.jpg

I don’t want to risk and will try to catch him and return back to LFS... This “devil damsel” looks too dangerous :)

Also called a blue velvet damsel. Gets quite large and gets progressively more aggressive as it gets larger. If your wife is interested in something similar to those colors, take a look at the false springer damsels instead. They're usually mixed in with regular springers since they're collected together, but it's pretty easy to tell them apart. It's an undescribed species at the moment, but they're about as docile as I've ever seen any fish. I have a pair in the tank and they leave each other and every other fish alone.

Don't have a picture of mine currently, but this is what they typically look like, a mixture of blue and black.
Royal_20Blue_20Damsel_20_Chrysiptera_20springeri_1024x1024.jpg

Is it available in bay area LFS?

Neptune Aquatics has them. If not, ask them to order more from their supplier. You'll see plenty of them in their frag tanks, and yes, the springers does eat flatworms.

Neptune Aquatics has them. If not, ask them to order more from their supplier. You'll see plenty of them in their frag tanks, and yes, the springers does eat flatworms.

I’m too far from SJ unfortunately...

I've seen them at Aquatic Collection as well. Not sure where you're located, but check with Karson/Joe if you're closer to AC.

Back