Reef nutrition

Fragging Neon Frogspawn

Since nobody was going to buy my neon frogspawn I've decided to frag it and put it in DBTC. I have the tools I need to frag it, but I've never fragged a coral like that before and I wanted advice, tips, tricks, and stuff like that. Please tell me EXACTLY (every tiny detail) about how I should frag this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHEvSDahi7s

from the looks of it, you just stick a screwdriver and break off branches...

Yes, providing it is a branching frogspawn, all you need to do it break the branches. I would do it a little further away from the fleshy polyp area to minimize the chances of dealing damage to it. Depending also on the thickness of the branches, it may be easy enough to break it with your bare hands -wearing gloves would be a good idea though.

I just use my bone cutters and clip as far away from the head as possible, depending on how you want to frag it and how many heads it has, Ive fraged mine 5 or 6 times. I've cut off one head to take to a frag swap or a cluster to give to a friend, when I do a cluster I go to the base were 4 or 5 heads come into one branch, then I go down to were that one branch has grown out of the larger branch and clip it there. Its very easy, IMO one of the easiest corals to frag (granted is a branching coral) it like pruning a rose bush or tree.

Modesto jeremy

I'd suggest using a dremel or bandsaw for this coral. Euphylliid skeletal sructure runs down the length of the polyp and crushing pressure can cause fractures.

I traded the frog for a rose at the BAYMAC, but I have a small piece of frogspawn in my 34g that I bought about 6 months ago. When it grows bigger I'll use all this information to frag it.

Back