Reef nutrition

Free: Yellow Wrasse (South Bay)

Disclaimer: This is not my photo, but best I could find that shows full color.
MaleCorisWrasse.jpg

Free to a good home. Very healthy eater (pellets, mysis, vermetid snails). Great tank mate... until my clowns started to lay eggs.

I originally added this wrasse after reading about it's ability to eat vermetid snails (My old tank was infested). I've had "him" for almost 2 years now and "he" has been an awesome addition. He did a great job of beating back the vermetid infestation in my old tank, but now he needs a new home.

Over a year after moving to my new tank, my clowns have finally started laying eggs again. This seems to have triggered a primal response in my wrasse. He does nothing but pester my clowns day and night trying to get at the clutch of eggs. While I like my wrasse, I love my clowns (my female is older then my 1st born, 10+ years).

If you have plenty of swimming room and rockwork/sandbed for this guy to sleep in, he is yours for the taking. I was able to catch him today in my makeshift fish trap, so the clock is ticking. Since being caught and confined, he has lost some color in his body. He did the same thing when I transferred him from the old to the new tank. He should color up after acclimating to his new home.

Please PM me if interested.

How large is it? What is its temperament? I have a 45 gal AIO with a very small gold stripe maroon (1") and a YWG. Would this wrasse be compatible?

Thanks

Ryan

Most maroon clowns are mean! I have seen some nice exceptions. How big is your maroon clown? Currently the maroon clown is the only fish that swims around the tank. Your YW goby mostly stays on the ground. This wrasse would also swim around. Your clown may punk him which may put him in his place or it may kill him.

I dont think it'll work but let's see what others think.

Clown is maybe 1" very small. And the YWG seems to think its a blenny or something cuz he's always in the water column. I do have an anemone so that could make the clown more aggressive in the future right?

Just checking since its such a good looking fish (if it looks like the pic[emoji12]). If someone else has a more appropriate home for it I would definitely concede

Ryan

Last edited:
Prisonfood53, he is about 4" long and a very energetic swimmer. Always swimming the length of the tank (48"). He has been very peaceful until my clown started laying eggs. I'm thinking, the longer the tank, the better.

I have one, he's only 2" and has no tail (got him that way) my ocellaris and flameback went after him the first day till he pulled his disappearing act in the sand bed, now they're all buddies & steal food right from each other's mouths, awesome fish and fun to watch, had no idea they can be that big...

Hello Revnull,

Your wrasse might find a happy home in my tank. It is a 4 foot long, 75 gallon bowfront with probably about 4 inches of sand bed. It doesnt have many fish, mostly corals. A watchdog for our zoanthids sounds like a good thing! We could pick him up either tonight or tomorrow night.

Back