Cali Kid Corals

Gimmito's 60 gal frag tank

e128d301844c40edbbe89f56d6d9ab71

I bought this truvu prop tank off a fellow reefer who just had no room for it. It's still in the original plastic and measures 4' x 2' x 12". I have a tunze 9075 laying around and I was thinking of hooking up (2) 6055 nano streams to it. I'm also thinking of a ati bubble master160 for the skimmer. Lighting is something I'm open to...maybe a sunlight dual 150 mh w/ dual 54 watt T5's ? I'm thinking of making a sump/fuge out of a 40 gal breeder or buying a one. I have a eheim 1260 laying around for the return.

Let me know what you guys think !

Looks good. I think you'll be more than fine with that skimmer too if anything it might overskim the tank unless you feed the corals heavily (which isn't necessarily a bad thing :D).

See Jim's (Bookfish) thread on the way he farms, he's got a really neat method for growing corals out.

Update:

I bought a used H&S A100/F2000 skimmer from a hobbyist who is down sizing.
I also bought another vortech mp40 gen2 pump to go with my other mp40.
I have a buddy in the business who has a slew of tanks in his backyard. He said he has a few 20 longs and maybe some 40 breeders for the sump/fuge.
Anybody know if Kinetic sold his aquatinic pendant ? I think that might work out well for the ft.

I'll post some pic's when I get the stuff.

sfsuphysics said:
Looks good. I think you'll be more than fine with that skimmer too if anything it might overskim the tank unless you feed the corals heavily (which isn't necessarily a bad thing :D).

See Jim's (Bookfish) thread on the way he farms, he's got a really neat method for growing corals out.

Mike,

I just read Jim's thread and I must say I was very impressed.
I'm thinking of implementing that in my frag tank.

Thanks,

Jim

gimmito said:
Update:

I bought a used H&S A100/F2000 skimmer from a hobbyist who is down sizing.
I also bought another vortech mp40 gen2 pump to go with my other mp40.
I have a buddy in the business who has a slew of tanks in his backyard. He said he has a few 20 longs and maybe some 40 breeders for the sump/fuge.
Anybody know if Kinetic sold his aquatinic pendant ? I think that might work out well for the ft.

I'll post some pic's when I get the stuff.

Could you ask your friend if he has couple 40 Breeders and how much?

Thx

Xcaret,

I did'nt see any 40 breeders when I went, but he might have one in his storage. I saw some tanks w/stands in various sizes and some euroreef skimmers in different sizes. Shoot him an e-mail www.fishdoctor@us.com.

Jim

Phong,

He has one, but he's using it as his display at the moment.
You can contact him at www.fishdoctor.us if you need anything else.

Jim

IMG_0819.jpg

It's nice to see that the guys at ecotech marine are continually improving their products. The new wet seal looks solid and I can't wait to sync & upgrade the firmware on my other mp40.

Now if I can only find a deal on a 48" MH/T5 fixture.

Hey guys I'm intrigued by this fixture for the frag tank:

Aquatic Life 48" HID/T5/LED fixture
-- with controller

What do you guys think ?

Back