got ethical husbandry?

Going Bare Bottom

Not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but I want to convert my tank to bare bottom. Any advice on making the transition as smooth as possible? I don't have too much sand, maybe 1"-2" at most.

My tank is also glass so I think I will pick up some cutting board from TAPS. How should I cut it? I have heard that I should leave a gap on the sides so the silicone doesn't get in the way. Any tips?

remove it with a hose and bucket. Start a syphon and suck the sand out such that sand is only sucked out...no mixing or stirring. You want all sand, detritus, and gases to be siphoned out.

1) for taking out the sand take out a cup or so at a time and take your time taking it out as you want to let your tank adjust to the new settings.
2) I would cut the cutting boards so that they do not touch the edges for the prupose of the silicon but if you dont mind the look just let it stay with the the glass bottom

I have read that the cutting board is to protect the glass in case of a rock slide. It seems that the water would slow down the rock though. So is this really a non-issue?

The water will not slow down the rock, If theres a slide its going down. I have eggcrate on the bottom of my tank to protect the glass. but i have sand over it. so u cant see as i like the sand look

Back