Kessil

Got Lobsters???

Had some lobsters sent to us from a family friend in Kennybunkport Maine that owns a lobster business for my Moms birthday. They were awsome. Had enough for about 4 for each of us. About 65-70 of them. Good times...

945420900_6b01c6d626_o.jpg

944576333_abc8559ff4_o.jpg

944577393_fd0d519014_o.jpg

I do to... Mike the guy that runs this business had been a major contributor in the NorthEast in increasing the population size of lobsters in the area to allow farming that doens't threaten them down to the levels they were at 10-20 years ago. While out there last summer we got to go out with him on one of his boats to put a pretty big 20 pounder back in the ocean. I guess those big guys are no good to eat and are the ones that help contribute the most to more lobsters being born out there. It was scarry how big that thing was though... and I know they get up to over 40 pounds.

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=6083.msg77077#msg77077 date=1233020114]
Hope you saved all of the shells and little legs and all...
[/quote]

Man it was a mess! Lobster juice everywhere! which is why we did it outside. We had a few left that we shelled to make lobster sandwichs with.

Damn, that's the best lobserfest I've ever heard of- gotta wash them down with some good suds, no? With 4 lobsters, by the time you get to the 4th one you're probably sick of them, or too full to eat it. ;D

Good suds and you take your time.... most the lobsters where 2 pounders. Truthfully my 4th one was hard to get down. .... but not that hard ;)

Now that is my kinda party !!!!

I send back a case of crabs every year to some friends in Kansas.. It seems more special to them than to us. Lobsters for us northwesters are the same kinda special :) All the socal'ers have the spiny lobsters and we have none :(

Back