Jestersix

Green Tipped Branching Hammer

kinetic

Supporting Member
Bohdar came by last night and picked up a branching hammer from me. It's green tipped and in the 3 years+ that I've had it, never sent any long sweepers out =)

I picked it up as an aquacultured piece from All About Fish back when they had that tank full of frags. It was about the size of my pinky for $5. It grows well!

Keep us updated on it Bohdar.

hey levi, woops I should've mentioned is ID: Rekonn
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?action=profile;u=849

my bad! =)

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=3426.msg38951#msg38951 date=1206648892]
No sweepers on a hammer eh. Got a pic of your colony, Art?
[/quote]

Out of all the years it never sent out sweepers unlike my galaxia and my other hammer. It may have some short ones, but I put it next to a stylo and an acro without a problem for years.

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=3426.msg38954#msg38954 date=1206652563]
Sounds like a keeper. I love the look of frogspawn and hammers, but have kept my distance due to their stings.
[/quote]

Yeah in a small space if their regular length can touch, it will still sting =X But it doesn't need to be isolated like other euphilya

Art, it was good meeting you and it was fun seeing your tank in person. The frag is in my quarantine tank for now (till I solve those algae issues in my main). Here's a pic I took a day after providone dip and mounting.

20080327_branching_hammer.jpg

[quote author=Rekonn link=topic=3426.msg39044#msg39044 date=1206742364]
Art, it was good meeting you and it was fun seeing your tank in person. The frag is in my quarantine tank for now (till I solve those algae issues in my main). Here's a pic I took a day after providone dip and mounting.

20080327_branching_hammer.jpg

[/quote]

haha cool it's so cute lookin in that picture =)

is that one of those golf t's?

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=3426.msg39046#msg39046 date=1206742975]
Good question. I was wondering what the heck that thing is mounted on...
[/quote]

haha, yeah, random scrap plastic?

I don't remember if it was Bohdar or someone else who mentioned they had a sportsmart gift certificate and used it on golf t's as frag plugs haha

Yup, that was me on RC, hehe. I just found a downside to using those though. Last night I found the frag + tee upside down, circling the tank and periodically knocking into things. :eek:. I took another tee, and dremeled the tube in half. I was hoping it was hollow, but no, it was solid. So I wound up crazy gluing the tee to a rock and the hammer is doing alright now in its new mounting place. Next time I think I'll glue a small frag disc to the tee for extra weight.

[quote author=Rekonn link=topic=3426.msg39048#msg39048 date=1206744375]
Yup, that was me on RC, hehe. I just found a downside to using those though. Last night I found the frag + tee upside down, circling the tank and periodically knocking into things. :eek:. I took another tee, and dremeled the tube in half. I was hoping it was hollow, but no, it was solid. So I wound up crazy gluing the tee to a rock and the hammer is doing alright now in its new mounting place. Next time I think I'll glue a small frag disc to the tee for extra weight.
[/quote]

oooh bummer, too light =(

xcaret said:
I think I might have something like that; I'll check over the weekend and let you know.

You have a frag from the original one I put in DBTC? That's the one I'm looking for. I know there are tons out there, but for the sake of nostalgia I want to get a piece from the original if possible =)

thanks a ton though, you guys are very very generous!

Back