Our mission

Ground clearance...

Yes, I admit to being quite annoyed putting on chains on highway 80 going to Tahoe as the AWD types go fast.

But it is dangerous overconfidence.
AWD does almost nothing for ice.
AWD does almost nothing to help you stop.
Especially AWD without lockers.

I agree overconfidence is a killer. When I go to Tahoe, I throw Blizzacks on my car. Snow tires plus AWD cannot be beat for traction unless you are willing to run studs and kill the roads anywhere there is no ice. On ice, you always have some grip with the snow your tires have picked up, or the salt and gravel that has been thrown down, so AWD helps some. For my driving, I rely on my 24ish track days, most with education. And the 3 day Dirtfish rally training school was awesome!

Oh yeah, and a few car control clinics, go karting, auto crossing, and now instructing in car control clinics!

Speaking of, car control clinics are going to start up soon for anyone looking to improve their skills behind the wheel in a controlled environment.

Last edited:
I agree overconfidence is a killer. When I go to Tahoe, I throw Blizzacks on my car. Snow tires plus AWD cannot be beat for traction unless you are willing to run studs and kill the roads anywhere there is no ice. On ice, you always have some grip with the snow your tires have picked up, or the salt and gravel that has been thrown down, so AWD helps some. For my driving, I rely on my 24ish track days, most with education. And the 3 day Dirtfish rally training school was awesome!

Oh yeah, and a few car control clinics, go karting, auto crossing, and now instructing in car control clinics!

Speaking of, car control clinics are going to start up soon for anyone looking to improve their skills behind the wheel in a controlled environment.
Where do you track?

Recently in Marin headlands ...

Attachments

• 41DAFF52-4DE2-485A-80FC-BC71CC42A361.jpeg
    41DAFF52-4DE2-485A-80FC-BC71CC42A361.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 132
Having a vehicle with high ground clearance is fantastic, although I have to say, going slow and being very cautious has gotten me really far in my minivan and other low clearance not off road vehicles on some non paved roads.
Even with a high clearance 4x4 you can end up like I did yesterday by hauling ass thinking you’re hot shit passing sedans on desert dirt roads only to get a flat and have them pass you later
View attachment 27908
Wow that's a big ass speaker your bringing along!

Back