Jestersix

Hard time maintaining params, need dosing advise

You can also mix different salts. @nly04 says microbelift has a low dkH. If you mix half of that with half of your RSCSP, then you'd have new water that's closer to your tank params.
Very good idea. I didn't know salts can be mixed like that... I've heard people switching salts that destroyed coral.

I just came across many threads (including @brleong) about rolling the bucket around to get it mixed well. I'll try this out on my next 20% PWC and see how the params are...

Head up, when you mix two difference salt branch, your new water maybe a little bit cloudy when water change but it will clear up in 5 min.

I've had good luck with the Instant Ocean Reef Crystals 200gal boxes via Amazon Prime, with free shipping.

I've found that it's a very basic salt in terms of Alk/Calc/etc but provides a stable base that I can dose on top of to get the stability I want. With the amount of SPS/LPS in our small tank, I definitely had to dose Alk/Calc daily and Mg once a week, but it was easier to adjust the dosing than to manage additives in the salt mix.

Reactions: Nav
Back