Reef nutrition

Heater issue

So I have a heater set to 77 degrees. But it mostly keeps my tank at 74-75. Is the issue I have to small of heater for my tank? Would I need to get a more powerful one or maybe a second one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have several Eheim heaters and none of them are accurate according to the selected temp. on some you can adjust the pointer so that it points at the actual temp.

Yeah mine has the dial on the top that I have turned to 77. But I've been watching it every day for past few days and it doesn't get the temp to 77.

I thought about that. But didn't want it to have it randomly jump from 75 to 79. And shock the animals.

I think you heater is the right size. I ran a 100W on my 24 gallon but I dont think that is totally necessary. It is also possible that depending on what you are using to measure the temperature is off calibration and therefore producing a false reading. Ultimately, your temperature is still in a good range.

If I had to redo it again I would go ghl. For one of you fail a firmware update there is recovery. I had to sent my old apex back and new wifi apex back due to bad firmware updates. For something this important to your system there should be a fail safe reflash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If I had to redo it again I would go ghl. For one of you fail a firmware update there is recovery. I had to sent my old apex back and new wifi apex back due to bad firmware updates. For something this important to your system there should be a fail safe reflash.

Amen to that! Better than just blaming customers wifi, crazy they don't have this

I got a great Aqua Controller Jr. just for temp control. It was really affordable used. I ended up putting 6 different modules and two EB4's on it and it's fully controlling my tank now.

ATK, Heater, Chiller, VDM (controlling my return), DOS pump, algae reactor light/fan, ATO Reservoir refill, AFS and probably some other things I forgot about.

We don't take advice from guests! :)

Back