Kessil

Hello Everyone

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_2436.JPG IMG_2437.JPG IMG_2438.JPG IMG_2439.JPG IMG_2570.JPG IMG_2571.JPG war.jpg birdsnest.jpg Hi there! Wanted to introduce myself. I'm actually not located in the Bay Area, I'm here in Fresno, but my family and I have been taking day trips to the Bay Area these last couple of months looking for LFSs, and what is available in the Bay Area blows away anything we have here. Just this past weekend, we visited Diablo Corals, and saw the flyer for the Regional Frag Swap, and that got me browsing this site. I'm hoping to be able to attend the frag swap, my wife is really excited about it too. But I didn't want to show up without first introducing myself.

So my name is Brett, and this is my second go around with a Reef tank. I first got into Reefkeeping around 10 years ago, and successfully kept a 55 gallon mostly softies tank with 10 gallon sump for 2 years. When my wife and I had our first child, I didn't think I would have the time (or the money, lol) to keep up with it, so sadly we got out of the hobby, with the intention of getting back into it one day. Well that day finally came about 6 months ago, and I've now got a 90 gallon mixed reef tank, with a 29 gallon sump, been running for about 5 months, and seeing tremendous growth and color from the tank inhabitants.

Welcome Brett and Lyndis!

Very cool tank/corals! Looking real good.

Since you're from Fresno i'm sure you've heard of the Central Valley Reefers (CVR). They're the local reef club near your area and they host events just like us.

I'm sure a couple CVR members will be at this frag swap. Looking forward to seeing you at the frag swap!

Glad to see the flyers are working. I always wonder where people find out about the club/our events.

Welcome Brett and Lyndis. I always like how the cleaner shrimps hangs upside down "hiding" during the day. Especially fun to see since you have 2 together.

Back