Our mission

Hello everyone

regarding filtration. I got rid of the stock filtration. Back chamber is all LR rubble (from my BC29), Return pump is Rio+ 90, and a heater (aqueon 20W). I do 90% WC weekly, religiously. If I find anything out of bound (zoas are not opening, or algae or anything dirty), I throw in a small amount of BRS carbon. Couple of months before I added an AquaClear 20 HoB filter. But I only use it thursday -> saturday, occasionally. I have an air pump hooked to. At times I use it, in-stead of the filtration (medications, chemiclean to cleanse the tank).

you really did a good job on your tanks

I see on your tank that the water is not all the way on the top.
Should it be better that way?
I am kind of new on the SW hobby.:)

Yeah, I find it better this way, and I have actually spent quiet some time tinkering with the water level :). Imagitarium 3.7 G has the return nozzle in that height. What I found is that unless the water height (when the return pump is running) very close to to that nozzle, there wont be much surface movement, and thin film of oil (or something sticky/foamy) accumulate on top. I noticed the exact same problem with fluval spec 3 also. I wonder if deflector will be useful, but in pico tanks we dont have much room for anything. I am really curious about the actual water chemistry changes. I hope once I hook up pH/ORP probes it will reveal something

Recently upgraded the Pico lighting to kessil. Also, bc29 now has a proper stand now.
IMG_20170213_090755_108.jpg

The fluval spec 3 now looks lot better
download_20170213_005800.jpg

Meanwhile I'm giving away lot of my older corals, since they are taking over the rocks. And I want to clean up the bc29 and keep slow growing corals. Last one year I have learned a lot, and gained some confidence
IMG_20170214_134434_480.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170213_090755_108.jpg
    IMG_20170213_090755_108.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 290
Sometimes. The water flow from first chamber to media basket makes some stream like noise. It's easy to fix, either add extra filterpad on media basket, or adjust the water flow fixture . When I'm lazy after wc, I leave it unadjusted (It is removed during filter media changes). Some days in just like that sound. Light, return , vortech all are silent.

I dig the side view!
Me too. I am aggressively removing liams clove on that valley. It progress slowly from leptos, goniopora then finally the sps on top. Those capricornis looks stellar in the background.
But I am still not there in term of sps. Red planet , millipora etc are not growing anywhere.. tenius, and couple of other acros stated growing once I started dosing. All sorta monto, stylophora, birdsnest all were easy... similar to lps.

I am having different challenges with the lps.. they are outgrowing .. I think i have to frag the frogspawn and hammer..

Back