Jestersix

Help with picking skimmer

If you don't mind used, then possibly hawk RC for a Vertex Omega 150. There's one listed at the $275 mark that hasn't sold yet and I've seen prices for used ones hovering in the 200-250 range (not counting the one that sold for $180 shipped w/the broken ozone nipple).

I run one on my tank, which is no where near your size, and it does pull out some nasty gunk.

There are so many skimmers and i dont think anyone have tried them all.
I can share my experiences on these skimmer below that i have had using them. Any of them below will do well for your tank.
The #3 reef dynamic is a.very good and #4 bubble king is also very good. They are better than reef octopus and the cup release is so much easy. Forget about the #5 aquaC

1. Reef octopus 1000xps
2. Reef octopus 2000
3. Reef dynamic INS-80
4. Bubble king 150
5. AquaC.

I have heard great reviews about vertex and many of my friends are using Vertex Omega 150 on their 200g tank. So my next skimmer will be vertext omega 150.
Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk
Reef dynamics?!? Why not just use an old school euro reef that somebody is giving away for free? Not nocking it at all, still use plenty of euro reefs. Just saying...I wouldn't buy an out of date out of business skimmer for new price. Love euro reefs. Love reef octopus as well. Bubble blaster pumps are awesome

I would not recommend reef dynamic to anyone at tgis time because the company went oot of bisiness last year. No where to get replacemnt part nor supports. So scratch that brand off. .

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

Back