Cali Kid Corals

Hi Bay Area Reefers!

Just found your site today and was excited to read the thread about 2017 events. Been in reefing hobby on and off for the past 15 or so years. Set up my most recent reef November of last year and have been slowing adding to it. Looking forward to the discussion and getting to know my fellow local reefers. I have attached a most recent picture of my tank and as you can Imagine I'm looking forward to stocking it up. Don't mind the seaweed clip lol

Attachments

• JR.jpg
    JR.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 254
Hello and welcome. Your tank is looking good. I love LPS - What is the red and green coral? Is that an anemone in the center?

Hello and welcome. Your tank is looking good. I love LPS - What is the red and green coral? Is that an anemone in the center?
Thank you! Yes I have been working hard on it for a while now and ready to fill it up :) I had to redo some of the rock work last night to make large cove int he front for my Trachyphyllia and plan to purchase a scolymia. Haven't decide on warpaint or bleeding apple yet though... LOL big $$ decisions! I forget the exact name of the red green coral but when I purchased it the guy said it was some type of brain coral. When I showed the picture to another very knowledgeable they said its a part of the acan family. I'm sure one of the more experience reefers on here would be able identify it by its correct name. Thing eats like a pig though! As for the green anemone he is new so he is still trying to find its happy place.

Back