Cali Kid Corals

Hi guys!

hi guys new to reefing. finished setting up my tank, its a nuvo 20g. slowly learning and reading to see what livestock i want in a few weeks. set up a DIY algae reactor. and glued some rock together so it doesnt keep falling over haha. no idea what fish or corals i want to get just yet. or how many of each will fit.

k09PSGW.jpg

I’m in WC too, nice to have another local reefer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

where do you like to shop? yesterday i had off so went and visited as many stores in the area as possible, so i can have an idea of what they have for sale.

where do you like to shop? yesterday i had off so went and visited as many stores in the area as possible, so i can have an idea of what they have for sale.
Unfortunately I can’t highly recommend any local options. I wish I could, they’ve had plenty of opportunities to impress me over the many years.

There are some stores with better reputations south of us that are too far for me to have much experience with but other members can chime in about. I get most of my information and do most of my spending online and with local reefers. This club is a great resource!

Yep, and at an absolute pinch All About Fish out in Pleasant Hill, but probably not for live stock.

that one and diablo corals are the ones i have frequently gone to, they are nice and close to my house. the one in brentwood was nice because the guy was so informative and helpful. but rather farther away.

that one and diablo corals are the ones i have frequently gone to, they are nice and close to my house. the one in brentwood was nice because the guy was so informative and helpful. but rather farther away.

Welcome to the hobby! I’m a baby reefer as well, been in it for roughly half a year and joining this group has been tremendous help!

As for fish stores, my two favorites are Neptune’s in SJ and Aquatic Collection in Hayward. AC has better selection of livestock, hard to find fish, cleaners etc. Neptune’s on the other hand has a ton of coral and has every equipment you’ll ever need... it’s also the one closest to me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back