Reef nutrition

Home Electrical Calculation Worksheet

Dyngoe

Supporting Member
Hey All,

I recently had a VERY high electricity bill and I was absolutely confused of the cause. So, I made a simple XLS file that broke down our home electrical and allowed me to play with the numbers. I've heard from others that we all struggle with this, so I thought I'd share the sheet with everyone.

It's not the MOST robust calculator out there but it should help those with decent Excel skills get started.

I hope this helps.

Well, I had to estimate usage quite a bit but in the end I was off by ~10%. Without a kill-a-watt I was pleased with the results. 10% is significant but considering I don't know exactly how much my dryer or refrigerator (for example) use, I found it helpful. I'll let you know in three days if it helped us cut down our usage in any way.

colder weather, more evaporation, that sort of thing could have easily added quite a bit of "inaccurate" readings since figuring out how long your heaters are isn't an exact science.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=6295.msg80329#msg80329 date=1234369289]
colder weather, more evaporation, that sort of thing could have easily added quite a bit of "inaccurate" readings since figuring out how long your heaters are isn't an exact science.

[/quote]

I measured mine and both are 12". Seems pretty exact to me, I even used a dial caliper like this one (but larger model)

03.jpg

:p

Back