Neptune Aquatics

Home page mock up

Pictures are a bit big though, which might be even more
of an issue if you are browsing on a phone or tablet.

You might want the "What's New?" link on the main page as well.

Pictures on a iPad are good for size, they can however be reduced. I just did those so the mock up wouldn't be blank. Just keep that in mind.

What's new link has been added to the sidebar.

• Any chance to change the fonts to Helvetica?
  • Are any of those social icons in a higher res?
  • "Calender" is mistyped. :)

Font changed
They are "higher" res upon mouseover, do you want there to be no mouse over or just plain different icons?
Fixed

Font changed
They are "higher" res upon mouseover, do you want there to be no mouse over or just plain different icons?
Fixed
Well, I only state that because I'm on a Retina display so it's pretty apparent for me. Did you try checking out the assets at each respective social app's site for high res assets or are these the native assets from WP?

I like the new layout, having new posts in a box is a big plus. I'd have more than 8 and only 1 box for them, not sure why the 2nd box for recent posts is needed.

I like the new layout, having new posts in a box is a big plus. I'd have more than 8 and only 1 box for them, not sure why the 2nd box for recent posts is needed.

1 is for the Forums Posts and the other is the posts on the home page. So if you wanted to look back at the reef chemistry post with Craig or even posts from earlier than that, they are easily located without having to go real far back. They are both the same in function, one is for the forum and one is for the blog.

Reworked the social media icons (for those of you on retina displays :p) link are functioning minus the missing google+. Also, correct titles and alts for mous overs.

tRq79ZE.png

Reworked the social media icons (for those of you on retina displays :p) link are functioning minus the missing google+. Also, correct titles and alts for mous overs.

tRq79ZE.png

We're building a quality product here! Besides, you could put this on your resume. ;)

Any chance for a Google Calendar and Google Map integration? Trying to think if we should keep calendaring/mapping capabilities on the WP side or on the XF side. Right now I'm leaning more on the XF side due to this: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xenatendo-events.99/

We can implement the google map of all the local fish stores as an interactive map. I can also do a full on contact form directly to the admin email account. List of sponsors and locations. A functional become a member page with PayPal buttons. It's all available.

Thanks! I am messing with a google calender widget right now. I am not to happy with it. I haven't used google calenders before. So, learning curve there...

All good, no rush on implementation. It may make more sense to have it forum side instead of on the splash page or we can just have some redundancy (only if it's integrated).

All good, no rush on implementation. It may make more sense to have it forum side instead of on the splash page or we can just have some redundancy (only if it's integrated).
Has the club ever used a google calender or would this be something new? I can integrate it but each event has an ID and the user must make the event public and then each events ID must be manually entered into the widget for it to work. Best bet from my experience is to make a post about the event and then take that permalink and reference it.

Has the club ever used a google calender or would this be something new? I can integrate it but each event has an ID and the user must make the event public and then each events ID must be manually entered into the widget for it to work. Best bet from my experience is to make a post about the event and then take that permalink and reference it.

Nah, our old forum didn't use it, if that's what you're asking. It seems like it may be more trouble than it's worth with the calendar so I think implementing XenAtendo (Events) would make more sense for you, me, and the club. Feel free to peruse any of the other add-ons that we can use at the XenForo Resources page.

Not much between the two. I am not sure what other information from the forums is actually necessary on the home page.

Yeah, it might start to get too busy. I think we'll just use the calendar add-on through the forums. I'll put it up with tonight's maintenance window.

Back