We setup our new tank in November of 2014 right after moving here. It's a 90 gallon Deep Sea Aquatics tank with a DSA cherry stand. We're running a Trigger Systems Tideline 30 sump refugium. Rockwork & Refugium Cycling: 50lbs BRS Fiji Live Dry Rock 50lbs BRS Reef Saver Dry Rock 20lbs live rock rubble (seed tank) Handful of Chaetomorpha 3000 count pods from getyourpods.com We did a "soft cycle", where the dried organic matter on the Fiji dry live rock decaying generated Ammonia for the cycle. We added macroalgae and pods from day 1, to absorb nutrients during the cycle. Our cycle took a week or two and I have not see any trace of Nitrate since the cycle completed. Drains, Return, and Flow: I setup a Herbie style drain, with a 1" main siphon drain and a 3/4" backup drain. The siphon is adjusted with a large gate valve to equalize flow with the return. The 3/4" return line hits a T fitting and splits off into two 3/4" return loc-lines. We have two Vortech MP10 powerheads on either side of the tank, running in anti-sync mode on reef crest programming. This allows a constantly varying rate of flow with one pump running at the complimentary level to the other (ie: 30% & 70% flow). With the cabinet doors closed, the tank is almost completely silent. Current Stocking List: Benggai Cardinal (added 12/26) Pair of True Percula Clowns (added 1/15) Green Mandarin Goby (added 1/29) Kole Tang (added 2/6) We let the tank cycle early in November and began expanding our clean up crew in December. At the end of December, my wife bought me a Benggai Cardinal for Christmas. After a month of completely stable parameters in the tank, I added a Rose BTA and a pair of clowns. Once the pod population was overflowing, we added a mandarin goby we'd been watching for a month at the LFS (an injured fin healed completely). The mandarin was a big concern for us, but he's been chowing down and almost doubled in weight (he wasn't getting enough pods at the LFS). Now that there's more algae growth in the tank, I added a Kole Tang last week who's eating Nori and picking at the rockwork. Clean Up Crew (All Snail): 50x dwarf ceriths 20x Florida ceriths 15 nassarius 12 tropical nerites 10x black foot trochus 10x Astrea 6x banded trochus I wanted to avoid shrimp and crabs in our cleanup crew, because they haven't been entirely reef safe in the past (lost some awesome Acans, favia, and others over time). The nassarius are fantastic scavengers and do a good job stirring the sandbed. The ceriths are both great algae eaters and sand burrowers. The trochus are amazing algae eaters, especially the black foots. Lighting: 2x Kessil A350 Blue Tuna Wide Lense 1x Kessil A350 Blue Tuna Narrow Lense 3x 3-LED Trulumen actinic moonlights 100W 7500K CFL Refugium Lamp I've setup the Kessils for full tank coverage, with the wide models on the sides and the narrow in the center. I installed a 3-LED moonlight module on each Kessil. The Kessils are mounted about 4" off the water using goose necks. The refugium is lit with a cheap clamp-light fixture with a 100W 7500K CFL bulb for growing macro-algae. The refugium is reverse-lit vs. the display, to smooth out the PH curve over the day. The main lights run from 12pm to 8pm, with moonlights for 2 hours on either side. Sump & Refugium: Trigger Systems Tideline 30 acrylic sump (30" long x 16" wide x 15" tall, ~ 31 gallons) 7"x12" Filter Socks Reef Octopus 150SSS (space saver) Two Little Fishes 150 Carbon Reactor driven by MJ1200 Jebao DC-9000 Return Pump (2400 gph max, run at 90%) Apex Controller (EB8, Temp, pH, and ORP probes) AutoAqua SmartATO Advanced Acrylics 14 gallon ATO Reservoir (8" x 20" x 20") HMO-300 Finnex Heater (300W) American DJ Power Panel The sump and refugium setup were a major focus of the tank. I chose a simpler, pre-fab Trigger Systems sump with single direction flow from drains to return chamber. I plumbed true unions just below each bulkhead and then used black spa tubing to the sump. I ran 1" line for the main drain and backup drain and a 3/4" line for the return. I installed a large gate valve on the main siphon drain, which runs about 50% open. The drain lines have expansion tubes on them and fill a tall drain chamber, which gently overflows into the filter sock. Water flows through the filter sock and through an outlet at the base of the filter sock chamber into the skimmer chamber. The skimmer is the largest skimmer I could fit into the 8" space. The carbon reactor's pump sits next to the skimmer and drains back into the skimmer chamber. The refugium has a base of live rock rubble and now about a cubic foot of chaetomorpha. The heater, temperature, pH, and ORP probes are also in the refugium chamber. The refugium chamber overflows into a weir, with bubble trap, media racks, and into the return chamber. The plumbing was trickier than I expected, having never worked with PVC or flex tubing before. I used hose-barb attachments with clamps on the tubing attachments. This worked well, except on the 3/4" return line which runs at higher pressure (due to head pressure). I had to use a stronger metal clamp on the upper hose barb at the true union to prevent a slow leak here. The spa tubing was surprisingly stiff and I had a hard time bending/shaping it until I used boiling water to heat it up. This made it easier to get an excellent fit over hose barbs and to shape curves in the lines.