Reef nutrition

how many fish would you put in a 120?

Sorry to hear that, I've lost more fish in QT then in my main tank so lately, I only dip and they go straight into my 85 gal fuge, after they are eating and look healthy, I put them into my main tank. So far its been working for me.

Yeah, I still have the other 2 in QT...they must be eating and ok in QT for 2 weeks before they go to the display. 1 more week to go, the last 2 are eating. Maybe its for the best , that blue tang would grow big, while the blenny and wrasse won't get much bigger at all. I havn't lost a fish in the display tank for a long time, except for the firefish that jumped out.

ok I put the last 2 fish in and my new wrasse was found on the floor after jumping out : ( so it 18 fish....the blenny is alive but hides all the time.

Update - I guess I am back to 19.....The Royal Gamma is still in there, plus I found my yellow tail damsel in my sump after not seeing it for 5 months...( it was previously seen in my overflow, so I guess he took a ride down.) I am just going to leave him there for now.

I probably have 1/10th your bioload in a 200+ gallon system and I run a very large skimmer and change 25% system water per week. Of course I'm well known to be insane.

I can't speak to the bioload but I can say I don't agree with adding a fish you know may jump out if you aren't going to do something to prevent it. I'm assuming you haven't done anything (or it didn't work) which is why you've lost 3 before. There are some cool DIY threads on other sites that I have read about puting netting up in a way that doesn't block a lot of light. Let me know if you want me to dig them up.

Yes I have an open top tank, and I knew the risk of the firefish jumping out because of the 6-line wrasse, so yes its my fault. Its good to disagree, we can learn stuff that way.

So for everyone else in the club, I am not recommending that you do anything that I do, but I post to say what I have done. That's it.

As for bioload Jim, Some people say I am insane too...but aren't we all insane for being on the BOD : )

Back