Jestersix

How to best deal with receiving a cold cold cold shipped coral.

My only experience with LiveAquria was buying an expensive, rare fish which came with a serious infection that wiped out most of our fish within a week. I've never seen anything move that fast.

I will never order anything but dry goods again. Everything alive gets sourced and vetted locally.

I like seeing my fish in person. Not only because of size preferences but I want to see my new potential fish healthy and eating. Also I would like to know that it has two eyeballs ;)

Divers Den is really a separate entity from Live Aquaria though. IIRC. the LA sight is basically getting fish directly from wholesalers with LA as the middleman and they sh
My only experience with LiveAquria was buying an expensive, rare fish which came with a serious infection that wiped out most of our fish within a week. I've never seen anything move that fast.
I had a similar thing happen with a clownfish from a certain sponsor that supposedly raise healthy animals, however after talking with a few members it seems that it's quite the opposite. That one just about got me to quit the hobby. Although I will say LA and DD are really two separate entities, LA drop ships from wholesalers so yeah you are playing Russian Roulette with what you're getting, DD houses good looking fish in another system and makes sure they're healthy and all before shipping... or at least they did before LA was bought by PetCo, not sure if they also got the DD side of things too.

Divers Den is really a separate entity from Live Aquaria though. IIRC. the LA sight is basically getting fish directly from wholesalers with LA as the middleman and they sh

I had a similar thing happen with a clownfish from a certain sponsor that supposedly raise healthy animals, however after talking with a few members it seems that it's quite the opposite. That one just about got me to quit the hobby. Although I will say LA and DD are really two separate entities, LA drop ships from wholesalers so yeah you are playing Russian Roulette with what you're getting, DD houses good looking fish in another system and makes sure they're healthy and all before shipping... or at least they did before LA was bought by PetCo, not sure if they also got the DD side of things too.

I should have clarified, this was an order from Divers Den :-/

One fish arrived with a terrible disease that killed off most of my tank, the other fish were 2x the "max size" listed on the sale page. End result was a fallow tank for over a month and QT for the survivors and having to place the huge fish in a properly sized tank (Zebra Barred Dartfish, listed max size 4", arrived 3x7-9").

I'll never buy an animal again unless I can watch it over time in person so I know it's healthy and I can provide an appropriate home for it.

Back