Kessil

How to get my anemone to move to the visible part of the tank

Aren't there "guards" you can place on/around your tunze which should protect the nem from getting caught inside one of them?

I just switched my 6055 to a VOrtech MP10es and he seems to be happier now. Had the 6055 turned all the way down and pulsing but I guess that was still too much flow.

hiepatitis said:
tuberider said:
hiepatitis said:
Both anemones are strolling now and won't settle down. I'm afraid they'll get caught in the tunze and get ground up.

Tough call huh, on one hand you can leave the flow at full bore and risk mulching the nems, and on the other if you turn down the flow you know when you turn it back up they are going to move again :~

no kidding. that anemone cost a few hundred bucks. only nice thing i have left

Do you have a picture of one of these anemones?

OMG!!!!!! Came to work and the anemone was in my vortech shredded. Only one large chunk may have a chance but it's pretty ground up. Hoping he will survive and regenerate. Hopefully the toxins won't kill everything else. :((

Gonzo said:
Try to remove as much as you can and start running Carbon. Sorry for the loss :(

+1... Been there, done that. It sucks... I'd do a quick water change in addition to the carbon

Does the MP10 come w/ the foam guard the mp40 somes with?

I recently lost a men. I am not sure it went in the pump, but not much else could cut it up like this.

I am now running the foam guards, but will have replaced them w/ a plastic mesh that doesnt capture food and isopod shells.

Sorry to hear about your nem. I was reading along to see if you got it to move. Mine is in the back of my rockwork too.

BigMac said:
Does the MP10 come w/ the foam guard the mp40 somes with?

I recently lost a men. I am not sure it went in the pump, but not much else could cut it up like this.

I am now running the foam guards, but will have replaced them w/ a plastic mesh that doesnt capture food and isopod shells.

Sorry to hear about your nem. I was reading along to see if you got it to move. Mine is in the back of my rockwork too.

I'd be interested in seeing your plastic guards instead of the foam Vortechs usually come with. In trying to get my nem to move/detach from the back rock work, I held an MJ1200 pointing directly at it's base for 20 minutes and it didn't budge. It shrunk to about the size of a 50 cent piece and left me with a tired arm

Im going to go pick up mesh and do the mod this weekend and post in in the DIY.
I quickly learned about the need to guarg your inlet.
The foam guards really collect crap. Not acceptable for a reef IMNHO..

Back