High Tide Aquatics

I hate my atk

Why is my high optical sensor constantly shows its closed and i end up needing to clean it. Might have to remove it and move it up higher in sump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why is my high optical sensor constantly shows its closed and i end up needing to clean it. Might have to remove it and move it up higher in sump.

Is there algae or coralline buildup? Can build a light blocker cover to shade the sensor to prevent the growth. That’s why I don’t do fuge and light in the sump anymore and do separate ATS or other form of export outside of sump.

When you clean it, it shows open?

Did you change the orientation of the float valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What other orientation can I set on them? It's mounted side ways.

It's not the float valve that's having issues since I removed it. The damn optical keeps thinking it's close.

Last edited:
That's why I like the hydor smart level controller. It works off of tempurature differences. Even covered in algae or coraline, it works. No optics to get dirty, no moving parts to get jammed.

Is it the lower optical sensor? Maybe try switching them to see if that fixes it? If it works, maybe the one is defective. Mine works no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the upper opticql. I had to wash it a few times with tank water and it clears the close settings. Might switch back to a tunze and use that optical as emergency.

Back