Kessil

I Need to Set Up a Maintenance Routine

MolaMola

Supporting Member
I miss ONE day of school for medical tests, stop by in the evening to pick up a few things for club members over the weekend, and WHAM - problems. Tank level low, due to return pump not pumping. Big white pile of suspended Alk and Ca solutions in return section of sump. 2.5 hours later after checking electrical everywhere, messing with Apex, soaking pump in vinegar, scrubbing, soaking, messing with impeller, trying alternate pump that doesn't have same fittings, emptying part of sump, turning off dosers, moving heaters, adjusting water level, I left it as a tank without a sump, skimmer or dosing. Will deal with it Monday, I guess. Also discovered salt in sump area is not from skimmer, but a slightly leaking bulkhead. Nice.
Wow, I have no regular safety check and maintenance routine. Two-part solutions did not build up in sump and seize pump overnight. Would have been so easy to just swap return pump with a spare, but didn't set that up. Ugh. Need to clean all pumps, lights, and ATO sensors and reservoir. I guess I should be glad more isn't wrong. Seriously time to make a plan to follow.

Back