Neptune Aquatics

James no longer at OT

nash

Stop in today at OT to see whats new and found that James no longer works there.Too Bad :( ALway like to stop by and talk reef. Up side is Justin is now will to frag all corals. ;D So if your looking for small frags(like me) also saw lots of deep water stuff.

Which one was James? THere are three guys I've seen on a regular basis, a taller skinny guy, the guy who has a beard, and then the "average" height guy who always seems to wear a hat :D

Congrats Northbay. I'm sure that's much better for James considering the commute, but I'm going to miss having him at OT.

BTW, Nash, he was always willing to frag for me. What were you asking for? ;) For that matter where would you have put it anyways? ;)

-c

Yeah James was a good guy, he actually went after that yellow "coris" that was in the soft coral tank (although haven't seen him since I put it in!). But if he's making that kind of commute then I wish him the best staying at home. It's like that guy who had the place in San Bruno that I used to love to hate (for it's 2pm+ opening times) he lived way the hell past sacramento and made the commute in... *sigh* crazy folk!

It's a tough industry, I used to commute 3 hours round trip once a week to rural N.J. to work in a fish room where I got paid $12 an hour to order all the fish, do the displays, and deal with the customers that were told to "come in on Thursday" because the "fish guy" was there. Back then ('92ish) and in a hell hole of of an area that was good money.

Support your LFS!!! I hope everything works out for James, you don't work in the hobby to get rich.

[quote author=cwolfus link=topic=2463.msg25388#msg25388 date=1191372969]
Congrats Northbay. I'm sure that's much better for James considering the commute, but I'm going to miss having him at OT.

BTW, Nash, he was always willing to frag for me. What were you asking for? ;) For that matter where would you have put it anyways? ;)

-c
[/quote]
Yeah that's commute is a killer.
No James had some hiding gems. one was a purple tip efflow and a brown granulosa which ahs lots of potential to turn purple. I always ask and he alway told me he wants to grow to frag out. Too bad he way up north now but maybe I'll head up that way and check out the store he's working at one day.
My new method of stacking corals.I use a dead branch and glue the new frag on one end then the dead branch will be wedge into larger branches of a colony which will grow in the dead branch. ;D

Wayland, maybe you like to join our club meeting and store tour in the future, you can check out our tanks too, we'll make your trip worth your while. You are only 1 hour away from us

Back