Jestersix

Jason Fox Tour

We all have to thank him for finding and pulling those crazy colored corals out of the ocean for us. And quarantining them...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only 1? I have sooo much rock in my tank it's like a mountain range.
Remove some?

I went through 3 stages:
1 : A giant mountainous pile of rock.
2 : A minimalist scape
3 : Current one has rock pillars and tricky formations, so looks like quite a bit, but is really open with tunnels and so on.

Remove some?

I went through 3 stages:
1 : A giant mountainous pile of rock.
2 : A minimalist scape
3 : Current one has rock pillars and tricky formations, so looks like quite a bit, but is really open with tunnels and so on.

I'm actually thinking of adding a little bit more rock because currently I don't have any open rock for more corals

I'm very confused about his choice of using all actinics in his tanks? Is this really a viable option? I've tried going all blue before and have gotten great coloration of corals, but the growth was slow. When I had closer to daylight, my corals were healthier and grew faster. Granted, I grew algae faster as well. I'd like to hear more opinions about the use of this all actinic and all blue light. Can corals really be grown and kept healthy without using full spectrum light?

I'm very confused about his choice of using all actinics in his tanks? Is this really a viable option? I've tried going all blue before and have gotten great coloration of corals, but the growth was slow. When I had closer to daylight, my corals were healthier and grew faster. Granted, I grew algae faster as well. I'd like to hear more opinions about the use of this all actinic and all blue light. Can corals really be grown and kept healthy without using full spectrum light?
Why dont you try it? Just turn off white and dial up the blue.

I have...and have not gotten optimum coral growth...which is why that portion has gotten me confused.. I've always been in the school that the best coral growth came from Iwasaki 6500k daylight bulbs metal halide...and this throws a curveball for sure.... Wondering if anyone else can confirm Jason Fox's setup?

I will say that Peter's small reef is growing a lot better with the addition of the reefbrite blues running 17-18 hours a day
Addition, yes. Not full blue, like snu I was doing full blue before and almos no coral growth. But nothing was dying too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

did you check PAR on his tank? I'm curious and hoping you are in line for the PAR meter
I was in line and then took us out of line. I dont plan on doing any PAR checking in the foreseeable future. Even with all of the free stuff that has been given to us, saltwater reefing has sucked my hobby budget DRY!! and there is no "hobby money" left for any lighting upgrades. I plan on just letting the tanks run "as is" til after Christmas. My daughter will be heading off to college in less than a year and Peter will get her huge bedroom and is already planning his next reef tank. Kinda funny, we all try to go bigger and he is thinking of going "nano"
Cheers!

I have lots of algae and I love it! I have lots of bubble algae, lots of turf algae, lots of diatoms, cyano you name it! I've got it! Oh , and some coralline algae too!

I've got sponges, brown, gray, white, blue, pineapple, I've got bristleworms!! I've got vermetids! I've got stomatella snails breeding, and collonista snails and all kinds of featherdusters too! Oh my! My tank is the Jenna Jameson of the Reefing world!

Last edited:
I have lots of algae and I love it! I have lots of bubble algae, lots of turf algae, lots of diatoms, cyano you name it! I've got it! Oh , and some coralline algae too!

I've got sponges, brown, gray, white, blue, pineapple, I've got bristleworms!! I've got vermetids! I've got stomatella snails breeding, and collonista snails and all kinds of featherdusters too! Oh my! My tank is the Jenna Jameson of the Reefing world!
I am confused, this is Jenna. so your tank is large and full of life???
nintchdbpict000306796685.jpg

Back