got ethical husbandry?

Jedi1199 55g conversion.

Hi everyone,

Since I got back into SW in early 2021, I have gone from 1 FW tank to 3 SW tanks. 2 of them are mixed reefs. Today, I thought I would focus on the centerpiece tank, which is my 55g mixed reef.

I got this tank back in the early 90's and custom built the stand myself. It has gone through a lot over the years, Started off as a cichlid tank, then became a SW FO setup. kept that going for a year or two then went back to FW which I kept for many years. After the housing market crashed in the 2000's and the cabinet trade dried up, I moved to Texas for a summer so the tank sat empty for a couple years. Restarted it as a FW tank in late 2010 and tossed in a bag of feeder goldfish to cycle the tank. Those first 10 goldfish survived for years!! I ended up giving the last 4 away last year when I made the switch back to SW for the current setup.

Here is a recent video of the current tank. I will be shooting another soon as I have made a couple changes and have new corals on the way.

Cheers,
Jedi

Hi everyone,

Since I got back into SW in early 2021, I have gone from 1 FW tank to 3 SW tanks. 2 of them are mixed reefs. Today, I thought I would focus on the centerpiece tank, which is my 55g mixed reef.

I got this tank back in the early 90's and custom built the stand myself. It has gone through a lot over the years, Started off as a cichlid tank, then became a SW FO setup. kept that going for a year or two then went back to FW which I kept for many years. After the housing market crashed in the 2000's and the cabinet trade dried up, I moved to Texas for a summer so the tank sat empty for a couple years. Restarted it as a FW tank in late 2010 and tossed in a bag of feeder goldfish to cycle the tank. Those first 10 goldfish survived for years!! I ended up giving the last 4 away last year when I made the switch back to SW for the current setup.

Here is a recent video of the current tank. I will be shooting another soon as I have made a couple changes and have new corals on the way.

Cheers,
Jedi

Go sharks!!.Thanks for the video

Back