Cali Kid Corals

jestersix 150G PlasmaLand

My new baby is finally up and running. 150G acrylic with 2 x 290W Stray Light Optical Seashine plasma lights. Running the lights with a Reefkeeper Lite and Advanced Light Controller module.

IMG_2536.jpg

Dry run...I moved the contents of the 30G in the pic into the 150...

Seashineson150002.jpg

IMG_2589.jpg

FTS with lights at 50%

Seashine150012-1.jpg

The base unit is $995 but it looks like he got some add ons (for dimming)

http://www.straylightoptical.com/slot/cart.jsf

These are the final Beta units and were $995 each. After I figured the fixture cost on a MH/T5 combo plus replacement bulb costs, it is just a bit larger cost at the front end and averages out (hopefully).

nice setup, looking forward to following this- the lighting loos plenty bright, any PAR comparisons? That mystery wrasse (?) looks really cool!

Thanks guys...

Not planning on running any actinics at this point - I like the whiter side of the spectrum. Running Blue Lunar Pods at night but that is about all the blue for now. No PAR values yet, but will be getting the CVR (my home club) PAR meter in a couple of weeks. You can bet I'll post up a ton of PAR readings at the various settings. The wrasse is a Melanurus - he absolutely rocks. Sweet personality and a real pig at dinner time, but then again he is a wrasse!

I wanted shadows at the ends of the tank - purely aesthetic. I just liked the way the center focused lighting looked on my rock work. The light rack is made so that I can adjust the postion of the lights should I desire to change.

Sweet build. Everything in your tank looks happy =)

Are those Vortechs on the backwalls? Which modes are you running? I just installed mine yesterday trying to figure all these modes out, using NTM for now.

jestersix said:
I wanted shadows at the ends of the tank - purely aesthetic. I just liked the way the center focused lighting looked on my rock work. The light rack is made so that I can adjust the postion of the lights should I desire to change.

I prefer the same thing. why waste light on light spill on the glass :)

yellojello said:
Sweet build. Everything in your tank looks happy =)

Are those Vortechs on the backwalls? Which modes are you running? I just installed mine yesterday trying to figure all these modes out, using NTM for now.

Thanks!

Vortechs they are...love those little guys. Running one on TSM, the older one on Lagoon until the upgrade lit comes in then I'll synch them on TSM. For now. I want to see how that works for a while, then may try some of the otehr settings.

Glad the wise Gresham agrees with me on lighting - feels like I did something right!

Sorry for the small pics, but I tried to use my FTS - I'll repost later with more "readable" graphics.

First is with lights at 50%

PARTest150GSeashineHalfPower-1.jpg

Second is at 100%

PARTest150GSeashineFullPower-1.jpg

Lights are 16 inches over top of tank, and the tank is 20 inches deep...

Back