Jestersix

Just moved here from Ohio

Hi everyone. I just moved here the beginning of this month, due to my husband's job change. First off, the weather here is awesome! Back in Dayton, they have over 6in of snow, and the high was -7 when we left. I swear, coming from that, this feels like the tropics!

With our move, I had to get rid of my 180g FOWLR tank. I was just getting ready to start a 55g reef tank up again. I still have some equipment I'll need to sell when our stuff in storage is delivered. Tunze wavemaker, DIY Rapid LEDs, a 55g stand, and a hob skimmer.

We're finishing up our apartment hunt on Monday, and I'll decide on what tank I'll get from that. I'm thinking either the new Innovative Marine NUVO Fusion 40 (http://reefbuilders.com/2014/02/13/innovative-marine-nuvo-fusion/) or the SR-60 (http://innovative-marine.com/nuvo-aquarium/sr-60.html). I want a AIO tank, because I don't feel safe with plumbing in an apartment. I've always been intrigued by the Innovative Marine tanks, but after seeing a SR-80 at Neptune Aquatics 2 weeks ago, I know this is the way I want to go. I was going to go with AI Vegas, but after seeing the Kessils in person, I'm going to go with A360s. I'm planning on a mixed reef, with a focus on LPS. I'm also thinking of doing a pair of clowns, a bubble anemone, and a maxima clam. Still working on the stock list, since I don't know what size tank I'll actually have.

Welcome. If you like the weather now, wait till it gets good!

Those tank choices look good. Be sure to start a tank build thread when you start getting things set up. We love pictures of the process!

Welcome from another Midwesterner! Moved here from Indiana 5 years ago. Your going to love it here.

Can't wait to see your build progress ;)

My 75g reef: 75gfts.jpg 75gfts2.jpg

180g FOWLR (can't find any FTS at the moment :()
emperorangel.jpg Juvenile Emperor Angel (Castiel)
nasotang.jpg Naso Tang (Orion)
jpyramidbutterfly.jpg Pyramid Angel (Not named)
steve&jerry.jpg Stars & Stripes Puffer (Steve) & Male Bird Wrasse (Jerry)

Last edited:
welcome to the most wonderful part of the country :D
I too moved here about 3 years ago and this quickly has become my most favorite place in the entire US.

Best part is, I doubt there is a better Reef community than this or I'm simply not aware of one that exists.
love the pics by the way

Enjoy :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I forgot to mention my screen name (Aquatic Mouse) because I'm short. I've had it for years.

Aqua-nut and Bondolo, I will definitely make a build thread. I love watching the progress. I've been slowly going through club members tanks in the Tank Journals. I've gotten through JAR's "Tank of a lifetime 215" and Revnull's "Better than nothing 90."

Tr1gger, I already do! The people in winter coats are cracking me up. It was hard leaving all our friends and family, but Skype makes it easier.

Hifidelity, So far, I absolutely love it. It was hard leaving my reef club back in Dayton (SaltGeeks). Some of the guys became really good friends.

Neuro, I really miss my pond. The most relaxing parts of my Spring and Summer days were coffee by the pond in the morning, and tea by it at night.

Back