Kessil

KESSIL A350 LED NOW IN STOCK! Limited supply!

robert4025

Neptune Aquatics
LFS Owner
We just got 10X A350 narrow angle in today! 4x units are available so grab yours while we still have them. This is an extremely hot product so they will probably be gone by this weekend so hurry. Sorry, first come first served only $399.99 each.

P1050683-1.jpg

This light has an amazing coverage and penetration! You can see in the two pictures below that even when held 6" above the water, the spread is still easily over 24" wide. Dang!!!
P1050685.jpg

P1050687.jpg

And finally, here's some quick PAR measurements I took quick and dirty...

A350 PAR VALUES WITH LIGHT 6" ABOVE THE WATER AND MEASURED FROM LIGHT TO SENSOR:

12" from light to sensor: 475 (sensor 6" below water line)
18" from light to sensor: 250 (sensor 12" below water line)
24" from light to sensor: 225 (sensor 18" below water line)

Forgot...took some preliminary PAR measurements today. See the values here:

http://www.neptuneaquatics.com/supply/kessil-a350-led-aquarium-light-tuna-blue-color-tune-able

Robert

Mike,

I was looking at the kessil website. The intensity chart (http://www.kessil.com/products/a350_led_aqua_light.php) seems to indicate above 80% intensity 20 in. from center.

I really hate the name - 350W. My mind sees that as 350 watts! Hang it on the ceiling upstairs, punch a hole in the floor, keep corals downstairs!! :)

Keep in mind that these are the narrow beam ones. Great for some applications, but consider the lower par, wider 350W(ide) ones.

They have tuning knobs to adjust the two colours but they are not PWM dimmable nor do they offer snazzy programming like the Radion. The tuning knobs are "set it to what you like and then never touch it".

Anybody grab one?
I have the 150 and like it, would be down to try two wide angle ones over my 17" deep tank. I bet that would work pretty well. As long as it will keep my Ritteri happy I'd give it a good test.

I have 150s as well and was thinking about upgrading to the 350s in the future. Right now I have two 150s over a 36x18 tank. Looking at the spread on the A350s (not the wide) two should be plenty, no?

~Charlie

Piper said:
I have 150s as well and was thinking about upgrading to the 350s in the future. Right now I have two 150s over a 36x18 tank. Looking at the spread on the A350s (not the wide) two should be plenty, no?

~Charlie

For 36x18...I'd wait for the wide angle.

Gomer said:
Keep in mind that these are the narrow beam ones. Great for some applications, but consider the lower par, wider 350W(ide) ones.

Is it me or do the PAR values on these not seem terribly encouraging considering its basically a 92 watt LED point source. Possibly because it's putting out so much energy at the blue wavelength? Or perhaps the water surface was a bit too turbulent that it distorted the values? Or do they not get anywhere close to MH bulbs as far as PAR values?? Or maybe Robert's tiny arms couldn't reach into the tank so the sensor was at a big angle ;)

Back