Cali Kid Corals

Lawrence’s 120 Gallon SPS Dominated Reef Aquarium

Thanks! Yup! That is the ecoxotic brand! I have heard they don't give off too much PAR though. I was primarily interested in the extra pop it would give my corals as metal halides provide a hefty amount of PAR as it is! I'm also thinking about putting a black backing to showcase the coral color more.

Thanks! Yup! That is the ecoxotic brand! I have heard they don't give off too much PAR though. I was primarily interested in the extra pop it would give my corals as metal halides provide a hefty amount of PAR as it is! I'm also thinking about putting a black backing to showcase the coral color more.
Thanks for the info on your LED PAR. BTW, regarding backing, I used this stuff. It was cheap and went up really easily.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EBKG9A/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hello friends! Sorry it has been a hectic first 2 weeks of school and I have had my fair share of difficulty assimilating into school mentality again. Anyway! I finally got to work on my tank recently and got the black backing DeeAnnMG recommended I should try. It works great and looks even better!! Plus I got a few gems I'd like to share!
First off, FTS:
image.jpg

Second, I got a mystery tie dye from kmaintl(not sure, it's bigger than a 50cent piece with red specks). Some feedback on this coral would be nice because I would like to confirm some type of lineage:
image.jpg

Next up, a sweeeeeeeet yellow millepora:
image.jpg

Glad you like the clingy stuff. It takes a bit to get the bubbles out, but well worth it. Love your new additions" and your tank looks gorgeous.

Just finished midterms and now I actually have some time to share some new updates!
First off, an updated FTS:
image (8).jpeg

Today i got this sweet teal and yellow bicolor branching hammer from the brothers at Top Notch! Thanks again!:
image (9).jpeg

Next up, I got a frag pack from Battle Corals 4 Acro frags and 4 Favia frags:
Blue Matrix:
image.png

Clown Car Stag, Rainbow Stylopora, Upscales Microclades:
image (10).jpeg

Favias!
image (12).jpeg

image (13).jpeg

image (14).jpeg

image (15).jpeg

Finally I picked up the best regulator ever! Electronic Carbon Doser! my calcium reactor has never been easier to tune and more consistent! Set and forget!
image (16).jpeg

ALSO! i have been on the hunt for oregon and cali torts! let me know if you guys know anyone who can get me a frag!

Last edited:
Update!
FTS:
image (23).jpeg

Picked up Hydor's new ATO, full electronic, no moving parts!
image (24).jpeg

New Pink and Orange Acans!
image (25).jpeg

My Jawbreaker/Mystery Tie Dye had two babies! they are cute little buggers!
image (26).jpeg

And last but not least, I got this SWEET frag of CITR Red Dragon
image (27).jpeg

enjoy!

if you want to show on the tour now, I think it would be fine. I am looking for 1 more tank to confirm. Let me know

Haha I just don't want to be put to shame by all the more mature tanks out there haha.. If you need someone to take show, you can sign me up. I just hope it's not disappointing :p

thanks! Gotta get it ready for the next sf tank tour! I want it to mature quicker!!!!!!!
Speaking of fish, I have been looking into finding a male Hawaiian flame wrasse.. My dream fishy!

BlueZooAquatics has them in stock.
I have been looking for a pair myself on and off, but just too expensive and rare.

Back