Cali Kid Corals

LE sunburst favia

Ibn

[move][size=24pt]DBTC: X-treme Edition ![/size][/move]

Norm did it awhile back, but here's one that I'm throwing out there to help out with some bad juju in dealing w/DBTC frags that I've gotten in the past. :-[

Got the original piece from er1c_the_reefer on RC, who acquired it from Ron Johncola. I'm putting out a couple polyps of this beauty; two frags, one polyp each. It's the smallest piece on the left in this shot.

postcut_baby&

The original cut was made in mid-November and it has recovered extremely well. I'm basically taking that piece there and then cutting into half w/one polyp on each frag. I'll hold the piece until the next meeting to make sure that it does make it. This coral is real finicky when it's first fragged. The original colony that my frag came off it no longer exists. er1c lost his colony last month and the top piece in the picture will make its way back to his tank.

Once it makes it through fragging, this is like your other favia, very easy to take care of.

Who do I want to get these frags? (basically Norm's requirements)

- you are a BAR member
- you have started 5 or more SPS/LPS DBTC, or
- you have put back 10 or more(same or different) 2nd/3rd generation SPS/LPS DBTC, or
- you will start a DBTC with 2 tiny frags of something from this list:

Dinosaur Egg monti, Blue Matrix acro, Baby's Breath favia, etc. If you use this option, you may make the frags as small as you are confident that they can be propped.

- you are totally comfortable with propping tiny pico frags
- you commit to returning two 2nd generation frags to DBTC
- you agree not to sell this coral
- you may trade frags of this coral for comparable uber rares, but any coral you get has to go into DBTC :D :D :D

This coral has been in my tank under both 70W 10,000k bulbs and 150W 14,000k Phoenix bulb. All three frags has been chilling in the shade since being cut, with the exception of the center piece, which sits dead center, 10" below the MH.

baby&

Man, that is a very nice one. I'm not sure if I qualify. But if I do I would like to be involve in propagating a small piece of that wonderful coral.

Nice coral Eric and awesome pic as usual. The question is, "who has the fever for the flavor of a favia?" Sorry, couldn't help myself :D

WOW! This one is awesome as well, I'm not sure if I put out 5 or returned 10 though, so it's cool. Maybe a combo of those two? Anyways, wowser o' wowsers that's a pretty piece.

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=3012.msg32547#msg32547 date=1202844855]
Good thing being able to read isn't a qualification!
[/quote]
It also mentions one of the rare ones to put back in is a baby's breath favia, so looking at one of the names of this... YOU WIN! :)

Fragged out two pico frags last night; approximately one polyp each.

Qualified:
1. Perry
2. Mike
3. Norm
4. Wayland
5. Brian

Here's the simplest way that I can think of. Pick a number between 1 and 100. The two closest one will get a frag. :)

Hehehe Norman, I just want to make you feel bad ;)

Actually I didn't want to seem like I was grabbing too much coral, although I only think I'm on the list for 2 other pieces, both LPS iirc.

We gotta do like "Name That Tune!"

"I can grow that acro from 3 corallites"

"I can grow that acro from 1 axial corallite!"

"Grow That Coral!!!"

:D

Back