Neptune Aquatics

Leemar Starphire 290

Well, the thought is a small bristle tooth tang and an algae Blenny. I'll also house a couple small wrasses. It's a small ish tank, but a decent amount of swimming room being 4'x 2'.
This true, the short height leads to a small gallon number which is a bit decieving

Out of curiosity, do algae blennies actually eat algae?

Finally finished the frag tank project. NO LEAKS!!!! WOO HOO!!

Had to get a bit creative with the plumbing. I had bought the tank over a year ago (possibly two), but I just knew it would fit in the space. I hadn't really come up with a plan at that time.

Well the tank fit, but the plumbing didn't. :( Ended up with the drain on the side / front of the tank. Kinda turned out cool though. Decided to use colored PVC to spice it up a bit. Pretty happy with the tank overall.

Also decided to get an AP700, instead of two A360WE's. Pretty impressive light. I can only get it 11 inches off the water with the hanging kit, but it seems to cover pretty well. I haven't tried the wifi yet.

I used an old Rio 3100 for the return pump. It's also an impressive pump. It's moving a lot of water in the tank, don't really need a power head yet. I will add one when I get more stuff in the tank.

Eventually I will make some doors for the stand. Just didn't feel like dealing with them yet.

Probably going to add sand and some rubble. My last frag tank was bare bottom, but It was covered in coralline and eventually aptasia. I also prefer the sand look to bare bottom.

26fa5f6f625908bfff14cfa32201e1d9.jpg
11f92725360a0d902b1db7b11ef63739.jpg
cc246fc92323f3c4ae2fbb2a9f25e0fd.jpg
d9fc3eb12067dd9f5a404102156ca769.jpg
ad07f0f93ce46f3145df79d2b07ad356.jpg
251a48a2a52378de5b1775e29802a0aa.jpg
38c5d676434a28c689e31339fa27eedf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey K-man
Looking lovely
If I may...
Loose the rio for a sicce
Too moch loose electricity from those old powerheads

Thanks Erin. This was a pump I have mixed water with for years, so I agree it needs to be replaced. Thanks for the heads up...........I'll deal with it sooner than later.

The talk of Mike's eel has made me think...didn't you have a dwarf yellow eel in there?
Or was that just a brain fart on my part!!

Yup. I had a large snowflake from my FOWLR that I had for about 7 years. It was breaking coral cause of it's size. Gave it away. Then got the dwarf golden Moray that did great for a long time. Didn't see it much, unless it was feeding time. Not sure why, but it stopped eating. It had to be fed with tongs anyway, but it just stopped taking the food. Ended up dying. It did well for over a year.....not sure what happened. I'm not gonna get another though.........very difficult to get into the tank with tongs........I end up breaking things. The clown also bites, and I jump, and break more things. LOL!

So all of this was just what I had sitting on the sand, or tucked in corners of the tank. Nice to finally have room to grow stuff out. I still have quite a few things I want out of the tank. I just want to keep the sand clean and open.

9c30d1ed1eb4c738cae4d3145dd81bc5.jpg

Back