Neptune Aquatics

Leptastrea Coral

glee

Has anyone put different colored Leptastrea next to each other. Do they battle it out, coexist, fuse, or just grow the other way?

Let's see what happens. I fragged the orange lepta top left. I fragged the purple lepta top right. Bottom two are combo frags
IMG_8370.JPG

Thanks Randy, that's what I needed to see. Let's see how these first 2 go and if successful, I will make more. Hope to find different color Leptas for more variety.

@glee How did you frag your leptas?
Both frags were on 2" discs so I clipped the discs with bone cutter tool. Light pressure was enough to break the disc in two and then four etc. The purple lepta grew sort of over the disc in parts of it so there was a 1mm gap between the coral skeleton and disc. It's like a plating monti but thinner and flat. The orange lepta was similar but attached to the original plug. The entire process took only a few minutes and then back to the frag tank.

Probably get much better results from a band saw and the Coral Fragging Workshop next week. I highly encourage people to attend.

I finally put a frag of this in my tank today. Both get along fine but I haven't noticed any new growth. I have a few frags of this in the frag tank. If I can get them to cover the disc, I will bring a couple for the frag swap.
GOPR0663.JPG

Back