High Tide Aquatics

Light, Flow, or Niether

So recently got past an algae issue (still some bubble algae but that I can handle) and I have been thinking about tank improvements and was considering two different options. I have a JBJ 45RL with Ghost skimmer and a mini reactor running GFO/Carbon.

First would be to add another Kessil A360WE. I have one A360WE running with the controller currently running. My main thoughts on this is I don't have a lot of corals currently just some LPS (Torch, Hammer, Frogspawn, Acans), several Zoas, a small green birdsnest, a Cap and a BTA. Of course I hope that changes but I do mostly like LPS and Zoas so I am not sure I would need more light. My main reason is a more even light spread.

Second I was thinking of a MP10wQE. I have an MP10wES running with 2 Korilia 425. Figured if I got 2 MP10's I could really randomize the flow and sync the two together.

Third option would be to do nothing and maybe get more coral.

Any thoughts or critiques are welcome. Thanks y'all.

I think for the size of the tank, one light is good enough; second MP10 might be better, replace two K with one.
If you can take some of the rocks with bubble algae out and give them a dip in peroxide might help. If you have clusters of algae, pry the cluster off the rock( outside the tank) holding the rock with the algae facing down so the algae falls and those bubbles that pop, release the liquid/spores? on the ground or a container, once algae is visibly removed, dip the rock in peroxide solution.

@xcaret thanks for the cleaning tip. I think I can try it on at least one of my rocks. Regarding the light/flow thanks for your thoughts.

@Enderturtle At some point Im gonna spend more on coral just trying to get the tank dialed in and if I need equipment then I'm hoping to get that first. Really want a gold torch after seeing yours! And those RFA are amazing, seems like I'm seeing a lot more of them in folks tanks.

Back