Kessil

Lighting change over

So far so good on the LED conversion. I've chosen to add two more banks of white. Robert had one strip in stock and it's already mounted. The last strip should be available in a week or so.

BTW. I had to do a better job of wrasse proofing the new DIY top. Here's why" I had just set a cocktail down on the kitchen counter and "Jumper", the lineateous wrasse, took a swimming start and bolted out of a 2" x 1" hole in the top of the top acrylic cover and flew over the cocktail and onto the counter. As usual, (his 4th jump in my presence) I picked him up immediatelyand returned him to the tank. I skipped that "little talk" that I usually give him about jumping. I also trimmed the acrylic to close the gap. Jeremy warned me about these little jumping suckers! Anyway, I felt the branching SPS was not "thriving" as I expected. Although some of my SPS loss was due to a major O2 starvation (long story) some was declining even though all perimeters are now correct. Hmmmm......need more light.

So..........long story short: I'll have a total of 3, 48" blue only RB strips and 4, 48" white only strips lighting the tank. I've watched my PG and E bill go down $80/mo since the switch from 6, T5's and 2, 240w Mh's about a month ago. I'm liking LED only and am committed to keeping only coral that will thrive under this lighting set up. I like it. :)

I am almost sure, LED's can provide enough light for my reef booming, so I have purchased an additional four from my friends to swim in the Neptune, with the original blue bar, I have added two blue and Two white.

I agree with adding the LEDs, I've always been happy with LEDs that I've added to replace T5s & MH.
Does the jumping wrasse have a flat nose yet?

They are all jumbles of previous posts in the thread? Don't know much about computers or bots or how they work...seems strange tho. Didn't want to call Anyones English or intelligence into question, but something weird is going on

Back