High Tide Aquatics

Lights - are you better off...

houser

Past President
Assuming the height of your bulb and choice of lighting was fixed, to attenuate delivered photons is it better to employ some screening or cut the photoperiod?

I guess I need a quick tutorial on photosaturation of corals :)

houser said:

Do a Google for Jake Adams + flow and it should give you a hit on Jake's flow article where he discusses just that :) I'd do it but I have 26 windows open in Firefox, several Notepad windows with code and a couple emails. I'm swamped and still haven't had dinner :D Oh, TV is on as well... I needed some background noise :p

Hey Tony,

I've spent the last 2 weeks with some screen under the bulb to cut flux and I *think* I'm starting to see some changes to a few pieces. Positive changes from less flux but same 8hr photoperiod. I already want to raise the bulb, but can't easily...

Where's the gain knob on the Zooxanthellae?

GreshamH said:
houser said:

Do a Google for Jake Adams + flow and it should give you a hit on Jake's flow article where he discusses just that :) I'd do it but I have 26 windows open in Firefox, several Notepad windows with code and a couple emails. I'm swamped and still haven't had dinner :D Oh, TV is on as well... I needed some background noise :p

bueno!

OK 27 open... http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2007/1/aafeature

He doesn't go into it in that article like he did in his talks. I'll see about getting him access to this forum so he can answer :)

Yah but it changes your work flow a bit :lol: but so does this damn forum. I keep side tracking back here.

Back