Kessil

Long Term Red Dragon ?

Wlachnit

Past President
I am curious as to who in the club has been successful with Red Dragon acros? What I mean by successful is ...more than a year.

I had one for over a year (just barely) and it was growing well until it fell victim to my brief hair algae explosion. . The key is placement -- it's a deeper water coral so it grows well down low. I had mine about 2/3 down in my tank.

Haven't attempted one (CITR) in awhile and in no rush to pick up another. I've tried three times and the longest I've ever had one last was 6 months.

Not a year yet, but I have had my CITR Red Dragon almost 5 months and it is still looking good. I even have a tiny frag of it that I though for sure was going to die but is still alive.

Haven't attempted one (CITR) in awhile and in no rush to pick up another. I've tried three times and the longest I've ever had one last was 6 months.
That's exactly my experience...3 CITR attempts, longest was ~7mos, shortest was 36h. And not too interested in trying again...at least not yet.

I got my CITR from Tim out of Folsom. It was very large and healthy. When I put into my reef, I made sure I didnt expose it to air and I laid it on its side. It didnt take long to start encrusting onto the rock and heal.
Cheers! Mark

I had one for over a year (just barely) and it was growing well until it fell victim to my brief hair algae explosion. . The key is placement -- it's a deeper water coral so it grows well down low. I had mine about 2/3 down in my tank.
How does hair algae kill acros? I have seen bubble algae inflating around and squeezing the life out of zoas...

You would think so. Robert has his all at the top of his tanks. They grow like weeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried it two or three times (in two different tanks) closer to the stop and it STN'd on me, and mine were from Robert. I kept trying them there simply because it's where Robert's was and it wasn't until I tried lower that I had success in my tank.

Back