Our mission

Look who I found

I look in my sump and I see my spotted linckia starfish. I haven't seen this guy for about 3 weeks now. He usually hides under rocks and occasionally comes out and shows himself on the glass. I guess he wanted to check out the basement. :bigsmile: I'm thinking he went down through the drain pipe. :D It's good to see his face again. :)

IMG_3238.JPG

Linckia multiflora do fine in captivity, IME. Have had two for yearssss and they've grown back missing limbs (from both sides of the missing limb) etc so I think they're doing better than "barely getting by".

I'd have to agree with Jess :) When handled right they do fine in aquaria, unlike some other "linkia"

I've had it for a few months now.

I always wanted a star in my aquarium and did a good amount of research before I bought my star. From what I've read they do better than fromias and other linckia stars. They're also more tolerant of changes in ph and salinity compared to other stars.

NICE!!

Ive found "missing" stuff in my sump before like that also... its like hitting the lottery!

is the skimmer turned off in the picture for a reason?
or does it just look off?

ModernReefKeeper said:
NICE!!

Ive found "missing" stuff in my sump before like that also... its like hitting the lottery!

is the skimmer turned off in the picture for a reason?
or does it just look off?

I turned the skimmer off so I could remove him. It was getting late so I decided just to leave him in there. He's probably somewhere in my sump. I have plenty of rocks in there for him to hide and I'm sure he's got a good amount of bacterial film to eat. I'll get him out next time I see him.

Back